an elegant and minimalistic Pack of Visual Styles for Windows 8.1 that doesn't get in the way of your productivity.
+BONUS: Matching Firefox Style for the dark themes available here.
EXTRA STUFF!!! make sure you checkout the 2 matching PotPlayer skins: Simplify Light for PotPlayer and Simplify Dark for PotPlayer.
IMPORTAT!!!! The themes don't change the icons! I never said they do! If you want to change the system icons you can use iPacks. In the preview I've used this iPack: numix iPack. If you want to change the taskbar icons then please google something like "how to change the taskbar icons in windows".
• create a Restore Point using System Restore (safety first!)
• patch Windows so you can use 3rd party themes using this tool: uxstyle.com
• install the theme by copying the content of the Themes/Light Themes or Themes/Dark Themes folder in "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\"
• apply the theme from the Personalize panel
• apply the registry settings by applying the corresponding .reg file in the Window Metrics folder
• remove the hover glow of the taskbar buttons: System>Advanced Settings>Performance Settings>uncheck Animations in the taskbar
• restart Windows and...
• enjoy using your new themes!
• OPTIONAL for Dark Point and Light Lines themes: use OldNewExplorer and check Use command bar instead of Ribbon option and all the sub-options except for the Hide caption text in File Explorer windows
• OPTIONAL! narrow vertical taskbar: use 7+ Taskbar Tweaker. Right click on the tray icon>advanced settings and set the no_width_limit = 1
• OPTIONAL! change the system icons: install the numix iPack
• 10 awesome Windows themes + extra variations: folders Themes...
• matching windows cursor schemes: folder Resources\Cursors
• two beautiful wallpapers: folder Resources\Wallpapers
• matching Firefox Style for Simplify 8.1 Dark: available here
• unlimited support!
• added support for higher DPI display settings.
• merged Simplify 8.1 and 8.1u1 into one.
• fixed the missing context menu in the Start Screen in Windows 8.1 Update 1.
• added a new variation for Windows 8.1 called Simplify 8.1 which fixes the jumplist bug.
• added a Bonus Wallpaper!
• initial release of the visual style.
Windows 8.1u1: jerky animation when minimizing/closing Metro apps.
Keep up to date with your music.
Album Tracker automatically scans the song that is playing on your computer then shows you the latest iTunes release from that artist. Never miss a release again!
Click on the iTunes button or album art to go to the iTunes store for that album. Simple yet highly customizable, choose the look that's right for you.
Features a "TAB" mode for a more compact look.
HOW TO USE
Click on the settings button to customize the skin, including changing the background to whatever image you wish.
Left click on the TAB to show/hide Album Tracker's main app.
Right click on the TAB to show/hide the release info.
Double left click on the TAB to go to the iTunes store for the current release.
WIN 7 or higher needed. If the background image is not appearing, you may also need this windows platform update
WIN XP users can download the XP version here
Questions or comments are always welcome!