Octane vs Reality** Octane vs Reality **More Like This
Gone are the days when my only option in Poser was to render with Firefly. Nowadays we have high-end 3rd party renderers available that offer a new level of realism that was never possible before. In this article I will discuss Octane and LuxRender.
Same Poser scene rendered in Firefly, Octane and Reality/Lux with a single HDRI image
First of all, let's see the pricing:
* Octane: $380 includes stand-alone renderer + integrated Poser plugin.
* Lux: free renderer + $60 Poser "Reality 3" plugin.
Now let's see the specs:
- 100% GPU render (extremely fast).
- Requires high-end video card with at least 1Gb memory.
- Renders inside of Poser itself.
- Preview your changes as you do them in Poser.
- 100% CPU render (slow), with option to include GPU raytracing (still slow).
- Does not require high-end video card, but high-end CPU may help compensat