[Update] Coalesce: The Future of My NovelI have seemingly abandoned a novel I had began four years ago. It's just one of those things, you know? I wrote something like 50,000 words in this gallery and suddenly collapsed under the pressure of 1) excessive characters 2) increasingly generic characters 3) a plot that felt increasingly manufactured 3) an intense struggle to adequately describe an invocative story 4) excessive reuse of plot archetypes 5) a sadistic focus of pain and suffering 6) a main character that I adored, Galiyendra, being lost far too soon 7) the stretch of being able to intertwine multiple scenes simultaneously falling flat due to readers being confused 8) a world that was being built during the novel, organically, rather than being pre-built in some capacity 9) difficulty with setting 10) and so on.More Like This
This seems like me tearing me work apart, and it is, but... That's not what it's about. I stepped away from this novel because I,
Fractal Manipulation ContestRecently we ran a journal featuring fractal manipulations. Here's the natural follow-up to that - a Fractal Manipulation Contest!More Like This
• Entries must be a fractal that has been manipulated. There are many ways - see the journal for ideas & techniques.
• Entries must be posted to the fractal manipulation category - here on Deviant Art.
• Entries must have been posted on or after the date of this announcement.
• Only two entries per member allowed.
• Only entries submitted to the Contest Gallery will be eligible.
• It would be greatly appreciated - but not required - that you mention this contest in y
Fractal Art Week (Oct. 12th-18th)Hello guys!More Like This
I booked another week for our sweet gallery at projecteducate!
The major complaint about the past Fractal Art Week was that the articles were too specifical and hard to understand by non-fractal people.
This time I'd like to have articles focused on very basic things, turned to a wider audience.
I'm not calling for contributors at the moment. Take this month to think IF and HOW you'd want to contribute to this week. I'll make the call journal in a month.
I'll put a note on my phone to remember.
Hope to hear from you! Spread the luff and have a great week!