Mandelbulber 1.11Mandelbulber 1.11 - for Linux x86, Linux x64, Win32, Win64 and MacOS 32 and 64 bitMore Like This
Open source program (GNU GPL) for rendering photo-realistic 3D fractals
Free download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mandelbulber/
User manual: http://wiki.mandelbulber.com/index.php?title=User_Manual
Tutorial for creating animations: http://wiki.mandelbulber.com/index.php?title=Getting_Started
New features in version 1.11:
- added iteration fog effect (fog which density depends on iteration count). This fog cast shadows on fractal surface and on itself. Can be also iluminated by auxiliary lights and ambient occlusion.
- improved water animation effect
- disabling of SSAO and DOF when tile rendering is enabled
- OpenCL: added ambient occlusion effect
- OpenCL: added colouring algorithms
- OpenCL: added setting for OpenCL job size
Two years with the Mandelbulb submit a classic!!!Just a reminder... I hope to see more mandelbulbs this week, the theme will go on until next thursday (24:th of november)More Like This
Hello mandelbulb friends.
This group was started at a time when there was only one new 3D fractal around, the Mandelbulb.
Now all hybrids rendered with mandelbulb 3D or mandelbulber are called mandelbulbs but there is only one original.
The 17:th of November is a special date that we should celebrate, the Mandelbulb was born!
I was thinking if everyone could do a render of the original and only Mandelbulb (Sin or Cos version) and submit to the gallery on that day.
We will not have any winners, we do this to honor Daniel White and the others on fractalforums who opened up this second universe for us.
Check out the old Power 8 gallery to get inspiration: http://mandelbulbs.deviantart.com/gallery/24647151
I have also suggested the same thing on fractalforums http://www.f