Anatomy Lessons: How to improve faster in 6 steps!More Like This
'Life Drawing 5' by algaegoblin
Do you know how to sketch human figures but do you want to refine your anatomy skills? Or do you not know anatomy at all and you are tired to trust your imagination? Did you notice you create disproportions in your drawings?
If you are aspiring artists and you already have your own style, you might as well believe you have no need of a guide, but you are wrong. Before exaggerating human proportions and begin to have your own style, you first have to know the basics.
This little guide is the result of an accurate research and 5 years of high school of art, and it's created for all those who want to learn something new or just make a useful review.
For those who have already studied art, my suggestion is to go to step 6 or trying to repeat all steps in Digital format.
First of all, if you want to learn faster you should draw using traditi
HOW TO: Remove the line art from the white bgSince not many of you check my blog for updates and such i thought i should just post this here since its very useful:More Like This
Removing white background from lines
Every time i scan a drawing i have to set it on multiply to get rid of the white background that is paper. So i googled for a solution and i saw this website: http://www.tomrichmond.com/blog/2008/06/06/new-photoshop-line-art-trick/
You will need photoshop for this!!
The short version:
1. Scan line art as greyscale image, or covert it to such
2. Create a new blank layer and name it Inks
3. Go to the Channels palette and there is only one channel called Grey
4. At the bottom of the channels palette, click on the dashed circle icon entitled Load channel as selection
5. In Select drop down menu select Inverse
6. Go to your Inks layer
7. Press D on your keyboard to reset the swatches to full black in active color
8. Press Alt + Delete (or Option + Delete if you'