My SnowballToday I was walking through the snow in the park to meet up with a friend. I arrived early, so I leaned against the post to wait for her. I looked at the falling snow and my mind began to wander. My thoughts at this time I’ll keep to myself, but it was nice to have this time to myself.More Like This
I looked down at the ground then picked up some snow in my hand… I played with it for a bit, turned it into a ball. It had lots of lumps on it so it didn’t look completely circular. It didn’t have to be circular. I was just messing around… but I guess that little OCD voice in my head, that we all have, told me to make it round.
I hit it a couple times with my open hand. It didn’t really work. I kept trying though. My hand was just leaving odd shapes on my snow ball. I got slightly frustrated with my situation and balled my hand into a fist to try and flatten the lumps. Within a couple hits a big chunk of my ball broke off. I was slightly disappointed as I looked down
TwlightTwilight.More Like This
You are not a good book.
Many aspects of yourself can be considered disturbing
And where written very poorly
I see the evidence and I believe
You were mostly a very successful marketing strategy.
You were never meant for critical thinkers
And simple logic is non existent in you
But you appealed
To many teen girls
And with you
They discovered reading could be fun
I will never recommend you to someone
But for the generation that read you so eagerly
I smile and hope they keep reading
Though next time
Something much better
Story Writing for BEGINNERSMore Like This
I want to write a story. I have a couple of ideas, but no idea what to do with them, or even how to begin! Help?!
-- Newbie Writer
So when you wanna write a story, where do you begin? With your PASSION!
Write what you KNOW & LOVE
What do you KNOW, really? What do you love to Do, to Study, to Think About, to Talk About...? Whether it's cave-diving, model trains, skate-boarding, sewing, horses, mythology, ghost legends, or particle physics your passion is where you will find your most unique and powerful work.
Make a list of all the things you know well and all the things you've done -- seriously! Mythology, history, any retail jobs you might have had -- anything you might have seen, done, or studied.
Sticking with your passions and your personal experiences also helps you make fewer MISTAKES.
Case in point, someone who has never kissed isn't going to be able to write a kissing scene as well as someone who Has. Worst of all,
Plot Saver ListMore Like This
1. Kill a main character.
2. Send your characters on a journey.
3. Have your characters lose an important item.
4. Have a character go crazy.
5. A volcano erupts nearby.
6. Your characters stumble on a key.
7. Your characters throw a man off a bridge.
8. Your character gets drunk.
9. Your character finds a lost child.
10. Your character is attacked by a bandit.
11. Your character develops a crush on someone.
12. Add a new character.
13. Your main character trips and breaks his/her arm.
14. Characters argue over milk.
15. Have a character say I am afraid I have lost my watch
16. Write a scene that takes place in a boat.
17. Have a character who wears glasses break them.
18. Have a character play pool.
19. Kill a duck.
20. Use a fire in your novel.
21. Send in the ninjas!
22. Add a one-night stand.
23. Get your characters lost in the forest.
24. Your main characters mother dies.
25. Two characters kiss.
26. One character walks in on two others having sex.
27. A supporti