HOW TO: Remove the line art from the white bgSince not many of you check my blog for updates and such i thought i should just post this here since its very useful:More Like This
Removing white background from lines
Every time i scan a drawing i have to set it on multiply to get rid of the white background that is paper. So i googled for a solution and i saw this website: http://www.tomrichmond.com/blog/2008/06/06/new-photoshop-line-art-trick/
You will need photoshop for this!!
The short version:
1. Scan line art as greyscale image, or covert it to such
2. Create a new blank layer and name it Inks
3. Go to the Channels palette and there is only one channel called Grey
4. At the bottom of the channels palette, click on the dashed circle icon entitled Load channel as selection
5. In Select drop down menu select Inverse
6. Go to your Inks layer
7. Press D on your keyboard to reset the swatches to full black in active color
8. Press Alt + Delete (or Option + Delete if you'