Old MenHe watched the old men gather in the yards,Old Men in Traditional Fixed Forms More Like This
reflecting on their misbegotten youth
as they hunched over checkers and their cards;
and pondered how aesthetics and the truth
were once pursuits left only to the gods
turned out for trade and trickery in sooth.
That knowledge culled and ransomed in their prime
would only serve their memories with time.
FlamesThere are flames whereFlames in Free Verse More Like This
his head should be -
forty pieces of silver
a dressing gown, a pipe
a poem left in the fireplace.
This man promised you a winter
so warm and bountiful
spring would be ashamed.
He called you by name -
not the one that father knew
shoved under his bible
But the one left behind
in the branches,
in the bucket of brambles,
and the columbines
buried at your feet.
Stone angels on the battlefield
surrender in the grass.
What did his face
even look like behind the curtain,
counting those coins
and loosening the damp earth
from your shoes?
StonesThese stones, once enchanted, now leave no traceStones in Traditional Fixed Forms More Like This
of a distant magic in a foreign tongue -
just dream-prints left to carve this place.
A stranger breed has now begun
and left its tracks amidst this space,
the souls left blinking without a sun.
History spared time's rude grace.
We leave our prayers among the bones.
Bittersweet and green,
simple in its mien,
Potent bloom and sheen,
pressed on lips so clean,
Poison felt so keen
hangs her life between.
Now let winter's spell
seek out the newly hung moon
and transform the sky.
RoadYou said Kansas was too flatRoad in Free Verse More Like This
and dry, nothing but a sullen map
in the dust as the truck lumbered
down the highway.
I watched you slug back
bottle after bottle of malt liquor,
tossing the bodies in the back seat.
Dead cowboys you called them,
your jaw spoiling for a fight.
I kept my hands on the wheel
and watched the heat move sideways
through the wheat,
trying to pretend your chin lived
somewhere else and that the sun
had something more important
to do than watch me drive.
We ate egg salad sandwiches the way
your mother made them - too much salt
and celery and without the crusts
and drank grape soda warm and fizzing
from the cans and I prayed the rain
would soften the landscape and
lull you to sleep.
The radio was a better friend than me
peeling the vinyl off the dashboard.
I listened while Glen fixed another
heart in Wichita and you drowned
your hangover in some dogeared novel
you found in a gas station bathroom.
And we just drove
with the sound of people
RachelI will call you RachelRachel in Free Verse More Like This
was all he said.
It suits your mouth, your dress,
the combs in your hair,
It fits the starlings at your feet,
the crows in a perfect vee
at the end of the sky,
the low voice of locusts -
And it remembers his handprints,
just how you took them off
and pinned them
to the hem of your skirt
and wore each letter
bareback like his thorns.
AloneI sit alone and mark the time -Alone in Traditional Fixed Forms More Like This
aware of how the hours crawl -
with solitude a friend of mine.
I find my thoughts a careless scrawl,
meandering among the days -
myself the loser in it all.
I view my world through lonely haze,
aware of loss on which I stand
and never think to mend my ways.
There's not a soul to lend a hand;
there's not a man to call me friend.
BattlesBattle of the SexesBattles in Traditional Fixed Forms More Like This
Definitely in women's minds, men's promises are over-rated
Defiantly inside his head, he does not know she's aggravated
Assuredly her telling him not to call was not translated
Reluctantly he turns away for their love is terminated
Rich Man, Poor Man
warring, wenching, plotting
statesman, soldier, farmer, servant
starving, working, dying
RondeletsBlackbirdsRondelets in Traditional Fixed Forms More Like This
Beaks pierced with rue; wing tips broken
Frail songs born on air and dying
And frail sounds no voice has spoken
Tiny beating hearts laid open
Shiver of hips
A twist of silk sends coins flying
Shiver of hips
the rhythm poised upon her lips
Dancer, her seven veils sighing
silk upon her bronze skin lying
Shiver of hips
Snow WhiteSeven more mouths to feedSnow White in Free Verse More Like This
(For this you left
your father's house?),
shoes piled by the door
and grimy rucksacks
full of coal.
(He promised you a diamond)
They keep you on your toes
with their uncombed hair
and their untrimmed beards
and appetites like young bulls.
That dress of yours
has seen better days
and your hands
are worn out -
bloodied starlings in your pockets.
So you cook and clean
and wait by the window
each morning for them to leave,
polishing your apples
and dream of what the huntsman
is hiding in his box.
SubwayThe chug-a-lug churning of trestle trains -Subway in Traditional Fixed Forms More Like This
sulfur spewing in darkness and dusky domains
wheels whipping wildly - sonorous sounds,
hurtling haphazardly and grazing the ground.
While cars carelessly trace the track,
passengers patiently bracing their backs
and daydreaming about destinations.
10 Ways to Annoy Rosalie Hale10 Ways to Annoy Rosalie Hale10 Ways to Annoy Rosalie Hale in Fan Fiction More Like This
10. Tell her that, because everyone thinks she and Jasper are twins, they should get together. When she asks why, say that Incest is in at the moment.
9. Call her Ice Queen behind her back and to her face.
8. Whenever she argues anything, respond with Whatever, bimbo.
7. Claim that being a human aint so great.
6. When she argues the above claim, respond with Whatever, bimbo.
5. Try to exorcise her and her evil ways.
4. Tell everyone that Edward didnt go to Italy because Rosalie said Bella was dead he went to Italy because he envisioned Rosalies ugly face.
3. Call her Hoe-salie at least once, to her face.
2. Remind her that Edward chose a pathetic human girl over her.
And the Number One way to annoy Rosalie Hale?
1. Steal her silver cell phone and change the ringtone to Roxanne by The Polic
10 Ways to Annoy Charlie Swan10 Ways to Annoy Charlie Swan10 Ways to Annoy Charlie Swan in Fan Fiction More Like This
10. Tell him Bellas pregnant but youre having trouble figuring out who the father is Bellas unsure whether its Edward, Carlisle, Jacob or Mike.
9. Ask him what Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo means in the phonetic alphabet.
8. Decorate his handcuffs with pink lace and flowers the call the station requesting to speak with Chief Swan Princess.
7. Whenever he is around, narrate all that is happening into the invisible walkie-talkie thats strapped to your shoulder, speaking only in cop talk.
6. Take his gun and use it in a bank holdup it will have his fingerprints all over it. When he is being questioned about it, sing Bad Boys by Inner Circle and I Shot the Sheriff by Bob Marley in the background.
5. Take his cop car and start a high speed car chase with it.
4. Send him a tape of Edward sneaking into Bellas room at night, and Bella hitting
10 Ways to Annoy Carlisle ...10 Ways to Annoy Carlisle Cullen10 Ways to Annoy Carlisle ... in Fan Fiction More Like This
10. Tell him only to address you in a cute English accent.
9. Call him Carlisle, but be sure to pronounce the s. When he corrects you, give him a weird look and tell him the q is silent.
8. Ask if blondes really do have more fun.
7. Inquire as to what he actually does on his night shift on the hospital, with all the pretty nurses in the ER.
6. Instead of telling him to get lost in an argument, tell him to swim to France.
5. When he annoys you, respond with times have changed, old man.
4. Ask what type of superhuman power compassion is what does he do in a fight? Love thy enemy to death?
3. Leap out from behind the desk in his study when he isnt expecting it and spray him with Holy Water.
2. Call him McSteamy or McDreamy.
And the Number One way to annoy Carlisle Cullen?
1. Run around the Emergency Room screamin
10 Ways to Annoy Esme Cullen10 Ways to Annoy Esme Cullen10 Ways to Annoy Esme Cullen in Fan Fiction More Like This
10. Let it slip what Carlisle really does during his night shifts at the hospital, with all of the pretty nurses.
9. Tell her all about the names of your future children, when you want to have them, what genders you want them to be, etc.
8. Ask her if her hair looks like caramel, does it taste like caramel?
7. Politely ask if Carlisle asks her to dress up as Nurse. Naughty in the bedroom and if he demands she calls him Doctor. Dreamy
6. Tell her that Carlisle is much too old for her, and that he is clearly a cradle-snatcher or paedophile.
5. Take a chunk of her hair, put it in a blender with milk and hand back the final product, claiming its a caramel milkshake.
4. Tell her what the nurses at the hospital really think of Carlisle then smudge lipstick on Carlisles shirt collar and spray him with perfume. Laugh loudly when Esme notices, and videotape the reactio
10 Ways to Annoy Jasper Hale10 Ways to Annoy Jasper Hale10 Ways to Annoy Jasper Hale in Fan Fiction More Like This
10. Beg him not to eat you.
9. Inform him that he seems to be the depressed Cullen.
8. Go up to him, look him in the eye and ask if he is hungry.
7. Spell his name with two as (Jaspar) and call him Jaspar Cullen. When he objects, saying his name is Jasper Hale, wave your hand at him and tell him all that blood must have gone to his brain.
6. Tell him only girls feel emotions. Then giggle and run away.
5. Dress up in a cape and fangs and leap out in front of him when he is least expecting it, proclaiming you have come to suck his blood.
4. Send out waves of lust and see how he reacts.
3. When he gets too close made your fingers into the sign of the cross and cry, The power of Christ compels you!.
2. Splatter red paint all over his and Alices room and videotape his reaction.
And the Number One way to annoy Jasper Hale?
10 Ways to Annoy Alice Cullen10 Ways to Annoy Alice Cullen10 Ways to Annoy Alice Cullen in Fan Fiction More Like This
10. Take her credit cards and shopping vouchers, hold them above your head and tell her to jump for it.
9. Tell her if she was just a few centimetres shorter she could legally be a midget.
8. Wear the trashiest possible clothing whenever you can.
7. Tie her up in a straightjacket. When she protests, tell her she needs to go back to the loony bin.
6. When you go into the sun with her, fall into a twitching heap on the ground and moan Im melting.
5. Pelt her with cloves of garlic.
4. When she gets a vision, ask if her spidey senses are tingling.
3. Trip her up and ask if she saw it coming.
2. Ask her what you will be doing in five minutes every ten minutes.
And the Number One way to annoy Alice Cullen?
1. Email her dozens of application forms for the position of speaker on psychic hotlines.
10 Ways to Annoy Emmett Cullen10 Ways to Annoy Emmett Cullen10 Ways to Annoy Emmett Cullen in Fan Fiction More Like This
10. Tell him he looks like a creepy stalker rapist.
9. Inform him, as politely as possible, that he has grizzly in his teeth.
8. Ask who wears the pants in his relationship.
7. Try to stab him through the heart with a stake.
6. Tell him brawn is out, scrawn is in.
5. Inquires as to how he feels to be the least-liked Cullen male.
4. When he is around, wonder aloud what Rosalie calls him in bed.
3. Ask if he is overcompensating for something with that Jeep.
2. Ask if he is overcompensating for something with those muscles..
And the Number One way to annoy Emmett Cullen?
1. When he denies the above two claims, respond with Thats not what Rosalie saaaaaid!
10 Ways to Annoy Bella Swan10 Ways to Annoy Bella Swan10 Ways to Annoy Bella Swan in Fan Fiction More Like This
10. Ask about Mike.
9. Ask about Eric.
8. Ask about Jacob.
7. Ask about Edward.
6. After asking about all these boys, inquire as to how much she is paying them, and where in the White Pages she looked for fake fan-boys.
5. When she complains about not being a vampire, throw glitter on her and claim she sparkles just like a vampire in the sun.
4. Ask if the thought of Edward biting her makes her happy.
3. Say that since Edward is technically dead, she is into necrophilia. Tell her that is sick and wrong, and she should stop with her weird fetishes.
2. Tell her we all know about the real reason she married Edward the honeymoon.
And the Number One way to annoy Bella Swan?
1. Tell her that you and Jacob imprinted on each other, and are getting married. Tell her you are pregnant, and will be with him forever. Videotape the reaction.
10 Ways to Annoy Jacob Black10 Ways to Annoy Jacob Black10 Ways to Annoy Jacob Black in Fan Fiction More Like This
10. Never use English around him instead, bark.
9. Call him a space heater.
8. Tell him that dogs make good pets, not good partners.
7. Ask him if he has RSVPed to the wedding yet.
6. Inform him that real men sparkle.
5. Walk up to him and claim you have imprinted. Say you love him and demand his paw in marriage.
4. Tell him that even though he may run at a boiling 108.9 degrees, Bella doesnt find him hot.
3. Inquire as to how Leah is and if he dreams about Sam the way Leah dreams about Bella.
2. Ask him if he likes to do things doggy style.
And the Number One way to annoy Jacob Black?
1. Make him a day-by-day flip calendar, counting down the amount of time Bella will remain human.
10 Ways to Annoy Edward Cullen10 Ways to Annoy Edward Cullen10 Ways to Annoy Edward Cullen in Fan Fiction More Like This
10. Sing Discovery Channel by the Bloodhound Gang in your head whenever he is near.
9. Hotwire his Volvo and take it on a joyride.
8. Tell him the relationship he is having with Bella is practically paedophilia and he could be sent to jail for it.
7. Ask how Tanya is.
6. End every argument with Bite me, Edward.
5. Call him Romeo both behind his back and to his face.
4. Whenever he complains or argues, reply with What are you gonna do Edward? Go to Italy?
3. Tell him his hair isnt bronze, its ginger, and he should stop denying himself hes a ranga.
2. Whenever he leaves a room or says goodbye, get down on your knees and beg him not to go, not again.
And the Number One way to annoy Edward Cullen?
1. Take his silver cell phone and change the ringtone to Like a Virgin by Madonna.
You(r) Your voice, transcending legatos;You(r) in Free Verse More Like This
Beautiful, calming, melodic,
Your eyes, candle lights;
Bright, kind, benign,
Obsessed I want to b a t h e in your blood.Obsessed in Free Verse More Like This
I want to c a r e s s your bones.
I want to w e a r your skin.
I want your everything.
Oh Winter, my MistressYour pale skin and blue eyes make me melt.Oh Winter, my Mistress in Free Verse More Like This
Your thin limbs always warm me;
So beautiful and inspiring.
But underneath them, you remain cold.
You tell me it's fleeting, "This will not last."
I know that, but when I'm with you,
I never feel that.
Your room, always dark.
Your sheets, always white.
Your collections, always dead:
Skulls, skeletons, mounts, and furs.
You tell me this will not last.
I never believed you,
But you said,
"It's the way life is."
Your hair, always shimmering black.
With a blue tint, I never can get over that.
Your lingerie, clean white, no -
Crystal white, almost see-through;
That delicate color of ice.
You tell me this will not last.
But I never,
Confused Soul|A soul between two places.Confused Soul in Free Verse More Like This
One too scared of,
One not able to let go of.
It wishes and regrets,
But nothing can change.
Its all over but yet it still wonders.
The lobby of a hotel.
People see signs that Foretell,
A ghost is here.
Their body, full of fear.
They hear footsteps and creaks,
Then check to find nothing and freak.
Yet, its only a soul in need.
A room grows cold,
Then a ghost unfolds.
A girl begins to scream,
Then runs downstairs,
To find no one there.
She begins to fear,
And stays clear.
Finally the ghost reappears.
She huddles in a corner,
The ghost comes closer.
Im only a soul in need
Dark DepthsLooking into her eyes I could see sadness.Dark Depths in Free Verse More Like This
Her arms and body written with sin.
A hell shes made up from her fears lies within.
As it gets bigger her strength grows smaller.
The brilliant life in her becomes colder.
She becomes weak & drowns in sorrow.
Something else lies within.
A beast has taken over her soul.
Her eyes, red & blood, black as coal.
Her fortress, no more her home but a dungeon.
A nightmare to the living, a savior to the demons.
SeveredI lost my heart on the edge of eternity.Severed in Free Verse More Like This
I dropped it off there thinking we would come back.
Thinking we would come through, but we broke paths.
We lost our maps, we lost each other.
We Will Never BeI met you on August 18th of 2008.We Will Never Be in Free Verse More Like This
I remember how hot it was in the classroom
That day and how your eyes widened with confusion
As I sat down next to you.
I will never forget those eyes.
You loved Mondays and dreaded Fridays.
I thought you were crazy and you told
Me that the only reason was so you
Could see me in school.
I still thought you were crazy.
We would do our math assignments on the
Playground and talk about our lives.
We were so different, but you always
Insisted that we were absolutely perfect.
I wish I would have known how right you were.
I miss you so much that I can't sleep.
But I have to keep moving because you
Promised me that we would be again, remember?
You held my hand for a second too long and
Told me that you would see me tomorrow.
And I believed you because your eyes had that same
Warm look in them that you always got when
You would tell me something important.
I've seen you three times since then, and we
Have walked away from each other
PleaseI want you to love mePlease in Free Verse More Like This
A little like I love you.
Like lovers kissing
For the first time that
It sets the world on fire.
And I plan to burn down
With it because I keep failing
To realize that I'm more than
Just a body for you to touch,
A body for you to hold.
You arms around my ribs
Makes me feel so fragile,
But so safe that I could not
Possibly break while you
And I can feel you hand slipping
From mine even though I beg
You to stay because I hate
The word goodbye and how
You look as you walk away.
I want you to remember me
When you arrive.
And I want you to remember me
When you leave me behind.
Love LiesLove lies.Love Lies in Free Verse More Like This
And I was never in love.
I will deny it every time you ask.
I will say "No."
I will say "It didn't mean anything."
I will say "I'm fine."
In your fingertips as you trace
The curves of my body,
Memorizing every turn.
And I was happy.
But suddenly I'm screaming and
Holding my head in my hands
Because I can't remember how to breathe.
And I'm pounding my dashboard because
I can't handle listening to this song anymore.
But I don't like the silence.
And I didn't ask for this.
I didn't mean to spit my heart out so close
To your feet because you keep stepping on it,
And I don't think you even realize it.
I don't want to lean into your words
As they fall from your soft lips
Because I know that they're false.
And it makes me angry as hell.
I guess what I'm saying is:
I don't need you.
I don't want you.
I was never yours.
And I was never in love.
I will deny it every time you ask.
I will say "No."
I will say "It didn't mean
Are You Alright?Are you alright?Are You Alright? in Free Verse More Like This
You've asked me this so many times,
And the answer is always 'yes'.
Quite frankly, why do you care?
What if the answer is no?
Do you care then?
Am I alright?
I've never really thought about it.
It's easier to be happy than to
Think about all the reasons I'm not,
Easier than thinking of you.
I still remember when you grabbed my hand.
An unusually casual gesture for
Someone you don't know,
But that is when I fell for you.
That's when I was happy
Before I started crying.
The crying came later.
The crying came the day after
You told me I was the only one for you,
That you couldn't be without me.
And I believed you.
The crying came the day you ripped
My heart out of my chest and carried
It with you as you walked away.
And you have still never returned it.
Am I alright?
No, I don't think so.
I'm not sure if I ever was.
I told you how I loved you before
You left, but you didn't care.
And you don't now.
How to Form A Metal BandHow to Form a Metal Band:How to Form A Metal Band in Flash Fiction & Vignettes More Like This
Note: This is just a humour piece and is not a part of the appeal so just sit back and relax ^^
--Step One: Can you growl/be really high-pitched?--
a) Yes: Proceed to the next step
b) No: Find a new job
--Step Two: What does your growl/shriek sound like?--
a) OO-WAH-Ah-Ah-Ah: You are mentally unsound, proceed to heavy or death metal
b) SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA: You are a viking wannabe, proceed to power or heavy metal
c) IIIRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA: Demons possess your throat, proceed to death or black metal
d) *Unintelligibly high shrieking noise*: You might have been born in a dirty cradle, proceed to black or power metal
e) ULULULULULULULULULU: Wrong genre, find a new job...
--Heavy metal: What do you like to sing/growl about--
a) I don't like to sing, I just like to growl: In that case find a female singer with a good voice so you can growl away while she sings. You may need to s
DenialDenial:Denial in Free Verse More Like This
He stands before the mountains
and sighs, knowing that they reach toward the heavens
He begins his climb
his hands soon bloodied, his fingers digging into the hardened stone
He continues to drag himself
against the crags that scrape against his peeling skin
Unwilling to end his climb prematurely
though the rocks continue to slice into his flesh
Blood is drawn with a single desperate gasp
as pain rings out throughout his frame
His feet tremble and his hands grow numb
but still he continues to climb ever higher...
The winds threaten to throw him from the face of the mountain
and they slowly begin to waste him away
His body turns to dust and is scattered away amongst the clouds
But still he presses on!
Eventually, all that is left of this man
is a pair of hands clinging stubbornly to the rocks
and though the winds may blow, the man's spirit wills them on
Inch by painful inch they climb, undetered and utterly determined
For even if he lacks a body, even if he has nothing lef
Aren't You Ashamed Yet?Aren't You Ashamed Yet?:Aren't You Ashamed Yet? in Free Verse More Like This
Truly an object of mystique and mystery
A simple device, with a painted layer
That conceals a face of rotting worms
Oh, I'm sorry, was I supposed to overlook it?
Let me rephrase it in a more appropriate manner
You are a cowardly, pathetic, miserable, filthy
Unintelligent, soul-sucking, perfidious, bag of rotting worms
You who once held my respect, you who were once my friend
you shared in my secrets and you shared in my dreams
But in the end, it was the lies
The horrible, filthy lies that spew forth from your tainted lips...
I guess it was a simple decision
I had no need to keep up this facade
and so I decided that I too should enjoy this game
and I began to taint my lips with lies
Oh how I enjoyed your anguish and misery...
That wonderous feeling of having you squirm
and before I knew it, I found myself wearing
a mask to hide those rotting worms...
-Chen Yuan Wen, 9th
Maybe I'll love youThere you areMaybe I'll love you in Free Verse More Like This
sitting down, trying to say much
and saying nothing,
you look at me
and I don't know what to say to dry your tears.
You avoid me
and look at me again.
I hold my face to don't fall.
And you press your lips
'cause you don't wanna hurt me.
I never abandoned you,
just love dies
when you have no place where to hold.
I never left you alone,
you were whom forgot
past doens't exist and future is no real.
No, I didn't play with you;
but I look at your face and you're not convinced.
What do you want me to do, rebuilding everything?
Are you going to love me more than you didn't love me?
And you cry and keep silence.
And you wonder why I don't cry
And I know it
I know a broken heart doesn't cry,
broken and hard, that got tired of looking at your eyes waiting,
tired of thinking: "maybe she'll change".
Maybe I would have to change
Maybe we would have,
Forgive me, maybe tomorrow it won't hurt that much.
I know you won't kiss me or hug me for last time.
The day I lost youGive me the peace of your lips.The day I lost you in Free Verse More Like This
Feed me with the colour of your eyes.
Take my hands with your heart
And heal my life from head to my feet.
Hug me that tight that I can forget my faults.
Repeat my name to remember who I am.
Paint my face with the brushstrokes of your hair
Each time you rub my lips with your mouth,
Each time you smile,
Each time you love.
Slide the sweetness of your soul
And burn my anxiety.
Give a meaning to my existence
To don't miss you 'till death
Each time you go,
Each time your image flies out of me,
out of my mind.
'Cause since you left me
I don't distinguish what is alive and what is empty
Since you went beauty is nothing, beauty is pain.
Without you this world is a bad joke,
a big frame without painting.
The day you died I hated the butterflies
And the flowers were sign of loss.
Nobody could explain 'why',
Nobody heard my voice.
Nobody understood what I did.
Nobody understood what I said.
Nobody knew how I lost my way.
WomanA story behind her eyesWoman in Free Verse More Like This
A dream on her lips
Waiting to be said,
Waiting to be true.
A voice from heart.
A lovely sound.
You're so tender,
So simple and complicated.
Spontaneous and shy.
Silent and talkative.
Serious and funny.
Always in love.
Tears rolling down for an illusion.
Eyes looking up missing somebody.
Letters never sent.
A heart that never sleeps.
You are so beautiful
Even when you feel you're the ugliest one.
You are a princess
Even when you feel nobody cares of you.
You are a goddess
Even when years painted lines on your face.
A sweet strength
A reason to love.
Twisted Corsettwisted corsetTwisted Corset in Free Verse More Like This
tangled in strings
of the heart
Straight Mouth Lift Your EndsStraight mouthStraight Mouth Lift Your Ends in Free Verse More Like This
lift your ends
show your secrets
release the peal within
roll through me
rumble my body
torture my throat
leave me gasping for air
you're a vision of curves
grabbing whistles as you strut by
stay with me
light my face
change the world
Dance with the DevilStep into the circleDance with the Devil in Free Verse More Like This
and dance with the Devil
in the song that never ends.
Let him take your pain away,
think of nothing more than this moment
Come dance with him in the circle
and forget all your troubles
they won't matter anymore.
He just asks for that simple price
I'm sure that you already know.
Come dance with the devil darling
he'll take all your woes away.
Swing in the circle
to the beat that never ends.
Once you take that step
and enter the dance with the Devil
you'll never leave it again.
Sell your soul
and dance that eternal dance
Dance with the Devil
to music's soft embrace.
Sing along with the song that never ends
and just give your soul away.
Nothing shall matter anymore
as you dance with the Devil tonight.
Victim of a John DoeDo you want to hear the storyVictim of a John Doe in Free Verse More Like This
of how I died?
I promise it won't be boring
so if you would
just take a seat, have a drink
Past memories reach,
I met the most amazing man
who spun words of silver and gold
with a tongue more fine than silk.
He told me he could do no wrong
and I, young and foolish, believed him.
And when we went home,
his eyes shining with new excitement,
things were perfect.
Then it shattered.
Nothing more intense
than feeling my own blood
trickle down my body.
stares traveling down
blood spattered knife
a gaping wound
cries of shock
gleaming white smile
solid drops of blood
and fading light.
I knew him for one night
he disappeared the next.
To this day I am simply known
as the victim of a John Doe.