Organized by Artist
Common abrahamic excuses that hold little waterCommon abrahamic excuses that hold little water in Philosophical
More Like This
"God gaves us free will, ergo it's pur own fault": Except that the Bible nor the Qu'ran put emphasis on free will. Hell, this excuse is so very recent, that, until a few centuries ago, the idea that God had absolute control over our lives was very popular.
"Its our fault; Adam and Eve's sin created evil, not God!": If you have read Genesis, you'll know this is bullshit (Hell, even Yahweh admits he created evil!). Likewise, at no point is the first sin ever considered a "Pandora's Box" situation.
"God is goodness incarnate! Evil is against his nature!":...have you even read the Bible? Yahweh is also considered to not be goodness incarnate until the NT and Qu'ran; in the OT, he is treated as a Lawful Neutral agent.
"Your're putting everything out of context!": Considering I actually bother to read the Bible/Qu'ran, while you only cherry pick passages your pastor dictates...
"He died for your sins! You should be grateful!":
1- His sacrifice was pointless, He only rescued saints from Sheol
More detailed explanationMore detailed explanation in Philosophical
More Like This
Sociopathy is described as at least three of the following:
- Callous unconcern for the feelings of others.
- Gross and persistent attitude of irresponsibility and disregard for social norms, rules, and obligations.
- Incapacity to maintain enduring relationships, though having no difficulty in establishing them.
- Very low tolerance to frustration and a low threshold for discharge of aggression, including violence.
- Incapacity to experience guilt or to profit from experience, particularly punishment.
- Markedly prone to blame others or to offer plausible rationalizations for the behavior that has brought the person into conflict with society.
Most modern christians and muslims display the following:
- Absolutely no understanding (irony is great, imr?), concern or compassion for people who do not behave like they think they should, specially LGBT people. Constant praise of teen suicides, praise of organisations who restrict LGBT, atheist and pagan rights, callous disregard for the suf
Parental Abuse is holyChristians and muslims defend their stupid, pathetic shit made God saying that Yahweh is their father, and thus the reason of their loyalty to him. This is also the justification of why punishments by him are acceptable.Parental Abuse is holy in Philosophical
More Like This
This is an idea that is mind numblingly idiotic for MANY reasons:
1. God kills millions in the Bible and sends everyone he murders to eternal torture in Hell. No decent father figure would be this cruel and worshipped as a kind, loving entity.
2. A father's punishment is made to teach the child to not misbehave. Considering people God punishes suffer forever and are going to do so for all eternity, this is not as much punishment as the works of a sadistic being, not a proper authorithy figure.
3. People are free to leave their parents, and adults are not under their domain. God, on the other hand, rules mankind with an iron fist, and everyone, young or old, has to follow his evil or suffer. Not as much a father figure as a dictator.
4. God is free to take human lives.