200 Point Giveaway! (CLOSED!)*This contest is CLOSED! The winner was #71 or :iconChristieMars:! http://tinypic.com/r/257fvd5/6200 Point Giveaway! (CLOSED!) in Personal More Like This
Alright, so as a thank you to my watchers, and to everybody here at dA...I'm hosting a giveaway!
Let me break it down for ya:
The prize? 200 !
Rules? You don't have to be watching me, but I do suggest faving this journal (not mandatory). Leave ONE* comment, and I'll give you a #.
How do you win? If your number's chosen, you win! I'll use random.org to choose the winner.
End date? September 1st at 11:59 CST. Make sure to comment before then!
*If you comment more than once, it kinda screws up my numbering. SO, if you do comment more than once, I'll hide ALL of your comments and you won't be entered. Fair warning, guys.
DD Suggestion GuidelinesUPDATE > I am no longer accepting DD suggestions, please send them to current CV's > :faq18:DD Suggestion Guidelines in Personal More Like This
As one of the current CV's assigned for Traditional Art Galleries, I am taking Daily Deviation suggestions - I can only feature artworks within Traditional Art categories.
How to suggest
- Send me a note with "DD suggestion" as a subject
- In the note, include a thumbnail of the work you are suggesting
- I encourage you to write a brief description of why you think this piece should be featured, but it's not obligatory
- If you wish to remain anonymous as a suggester, please let me know ahead of time
Personal process of going through my suggestions
- Before suggesting, make sure the artist hasn't already received a Daily Deviation within the past 6 months.
- You don't need to suggest more than one piece, I will always look at the entire
5 Reasons to do it the traditional way5 Reasons to do it the traditional way5 Reasons to do it the traditional way in Art Features More Like This
Traditional and Digital art are both completely different mediums, able to create the same product. It is possible to paint a beautiful, watercolor-like painting digitally, as well as achieve the cleanliness and color options of a digital piece traditionally. Therefore, using one or the other to express ourselves creatively is, just like many things in life, just an option. People may have personal, sometimes even illogical reasons for using one or the other and that's fine. Today, however, I'm a cheerleader for the "traditional side", and I offer you 5 reasons to do it traditionally!
1. Oh the wonderful smell of art supplies > I'm not talking about the toxic smell that come painting techniques require, of course. Rather about the feeling you get when entering a huge art supply store, touching all those brand new pencils and tubes