Many artists post the steps of the digital or real life artworks, well, this happens to be my art: texturing.
So I thought it would be nice to "photograph" and save the various stages of texturing creation.
I'm not sure this can help anyway in a tutorial way but at least shows it takes time to achieve a final, good result.
TOOLS of the TRADE:
- Photoshop (masks, folders, pen tool are a must among others)
- References: DA (although the search isn't very good, you better just save stuff as you come across), google, screens from videogames etc.
- Dedication: it took a few weeks to create these textures, it took a few years to gather the knowledge. Take your time!
- Resources: CGtextures, personal stuff, your hands and imagination (possibly use as little pre-made content as possible, in case, just reinvent it!)
- a tablet (I'm addicted, even just to use the pen tool...)
, really it's the very same base, just with more stuff added on top, higher contrasts, more overlayed grungy textures and painted scratches on the leather
Image done by ~S