quick sketch for the fourth of july- happy independence day!
however you're spending this holiday, i hope you're staying safe and beating the heat!
as for Blaire, she decides to drag Prosper to the Jersey shore for a day at the beach. he humors her, as always, not quite accustomed yet to the american holiday. he looks rather dazed, doesn't he...? perhaps from the humidity?
for my half of the art trade omg i had a hard time with what colour her hair was, is it brown or dark blonde? so sorry if i did it the wrong colourXD o o o, digital lineart, yeah, isnt that something, XD yes its messy,... but i kinda like it
so.... OCs I was drawing on livestream yesterday and today only two names and not all ocs. No Randall(Hazel's boyfriend) and no her brother, and someone else I haven't created name yet... By the way... probably you have any ideas for names? because the previous time it helped me to choose names
that moment when I was completely hooked by the actual awesomeness of 's characters. because, seriously, they are amazing. at first I was planning to do some sort of gift card for people I love or something, but then I just got way too amused by Rita's characters' designs..
so, these are Killjoys I was drawing on livestream yesterday...Reckless Atom, the guy, and 's character, and the girl (aka Killjoy version of me) is Ink Detonator and belongs to me, which is quite obvious haha, I figured Killjoys are cool and they are fun to draw, so... here we go
okee so these are just some doodles from class this past week... we have a little Jace Wayland (at the top right hand with sword) Iggy from Maximum Ride, an unfinished doodle of Nudge at the top and Clarisse from Percy Jackson at the bottom... yeh all pretty random but that's how doodles go
All I draw is people and I don't regret a thing. 'Cause it is my thing.
So, another doodledump. Slightly less sketchy than the previous ones.
1. Kieran in a coat. 2. James in a hoodie, looking scared/concerned/whatever. I love that expression on him since it's so untypical. xD 3. Holly's profile! 4. Declan with glasses, in response to a question I on my TCS tumblr. He really doesn't like wearing them, haha. 5. Kieran being clueless about something. 6. James looking... annoyed!? 7. Orla being enthusiastic. This could be an interaction, together with 6. xD 8. James has really fabulous hair, I must admit. 9. Orla in a band tee. Her twin brother's influence. Shut up, I really love her okay!? She's fun! 10. Sketch of James(' back). 11. Kieran and Orla. At this point, I kinda made the decision that her and James WILL happen one day and I just love to think about all the reactions that relationship(?) is gonna provoke. xD Of course Kieran knows that he can't tell his younger (but grown-up) sister what to do but that won't stop him from voicing his unwanted opinion from time to time. Like "Seriously? From all men on this earth, you choose THAT guy?!"Orla doesn't take his crap, though. Right so. Mind your own business, Kieran. 12. Annnnnnd... a Jill. With Victory Rolls. CAUSE I LOVE THEM! <333
That's it again. Thanks for reading, I LOVE YOU GUYS. As usual: Don't like? Don't comment. Haaave a very nice day and such!
All characters are mine. Drawn in Photoshop CS2 with a Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet. Any texture used is from :devstrucdumb:
A dump again. Not much this time and most of it is suuuuper random and bad and I don't think there is much to explain.
The "James Show" scribble, however, can only be understood if you read this tumblr entry here. xD [link]
The one with short haired Holly and long haired Charlie was some sort of a request. [link] (Note: This doesn't mean that I do occasional requests. I DON'T. Stop asking me, please! I only did this 'cause I was curious about this myself. NO REQUESTS. NEVER.)
The one at the bottom is a super quick scribble I did some time ago. Not sure if I'm ever going to finish it. It features two random people because Charlie, Holly and James actually have a bunch of other friends/aquaintances but I never made the effort to give them names or designs. xD Maybe I should do that one day! It's not like I have enough random characters already.
That's it for now. Dunno how long my drawing break will last. Or, better said, I probably WILL be drawing stuff but more for practicing purposes than anything else. I doubt I will be showing much art over the next time. I JUST DON'T KNOW. I need a break from myself and I need to concentrate on figuring out what to do with my life instead of derping around aimlessly. HURR.
All characters are mine. Drawn in Photoshop CS2 with a Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet.
IT'S DOODLE DUMP TIME! Because I'm still too lazy to actually finish stuff.
1. James in a suit. DOUCHEBAG ELECTION 2012. Vote for him. He won't dissapoint you.
2. Another James, running this time. That's actually a rare occasion since he's such a lazy ass. This is just a VERY quick sketch but I liked the movement in this, so it's here.
3. DECLAN O'CONNELL. Pretty Princess and Kieran's very charming brother.
4. More suit shenanigans. Kieran and James. Kieran would most likely enjoy wearing a suit from time to time since he knows he's smokin' but it's not actually James' thing. xD
5. Teen!Kieran. I already posted the sketch of this some time ago (along with Teen!Charlie and Teen!Jill) and I just found this polished version that I apparently forgot about so I thought I could throw it into this dump here.
6. James and Kieran with long hair. Don't ask. I've been talking to Jess (aka *DoubtingSalmon ) a lot lately and somehow, this came up. And no. Just no. Although people have been pointing out that at least Kieran can pull it off somehow. And I do admit - he has quite fabulous hair.
7. Someone asked how Charlie would react to her man having long hair and this is the answer.
8. STICK FIGURES. Again, talking to Jessica made me realize that there's no actual need for drawing my peeps accurately all the time. Drawing stick figures and writing the names next to them does the job as well!
9. Sketches of Malachy (Kieran's older brother) and Declan. Being pretty.
10. + 11. Orla hitting on James. Yes, you read right. I kid you not, some days ago I had a dream and something like this was a part of it. I woke up and was all "Oh god, this is RIDICULOUS, lol." ... but the longer I think about this, the less ridiculous it gets, actually. I'm not talking about "eternal love" or something here but I can SO imagine this happening some time in the future, when Charlie and Kieran are together. I just can't get rid of this thought, oh god. In my mind, it's SO much fun and actually makes sense, in a way. xD I wanna outline and colour no. 10, just for the fun of it.
12. A ballpoint pen sketch of James without glasses but with some digital flat colours thrown on. He looks so CUTE and smug here.
That has been it, folks. THANKS FOR YOUR ATTENTION! I wish all of you a HAPPY EASTER!
All characters depicted above belong to me. Drawn in Photoshop CS2 with a Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet. Also, with a pencil. And a ballpoint pen. Textures from ~struckdumb, as usual.
The best photos of faces to draw tend to be photographs with imperfections, usually the photographs of yourself that you hate.
At least that is what I believe. It is far more interesting to draw a face if you have bags under your eyes from lack of sleep, creases, wrinkles or even spots. You may hate them but they add character to the face.
I’d much rather draw a normal human face ‘warts and all’ than airbrushed, caked-in-make-up, boring ones.