Common abrahamic excuses that hold little water
"God gaves us free will, ergo it's pur own fault": Except that the Bible nor the Qu'ran put emphasis on free will. Hell, this excuse is so very recent, that, until a few centuries ago, the idea that God had absolute control over our lives was very popular.
"Its our fault; Adam and Eve's sin created evil, not God!": If you have read Genesis, you'll know this is bullshit (Hell, even Yahweh admits he created evil!). Likewise, at no point is the first sin ever considered a "Pandora's Box" situation.
"God is goodness incarnate! Evil is against his nature!":...have you even read the Bible? Yahweh is also considered to not be goodness incarnate until the NT and Qu'ran; in the OT, he is treated as a Lawful Neutral agent.
"Your're putting everything out of context!": Considering I actually bother to read the Bible/Qu'ran, while you only cherry pick passages your pastor dictates...
"He died for your sins! You should be grateful!":
1- His sacrifice was pointless, He only rescued saints from Sheol
Resolution 1580(this text wasn't written by me, but is a resolution of the Council of Europe)Resolution 1580 in Articles & Interviews More Like This
Resolution 1580 (2007)
The dangers of creationism in education
1. The aim of this resolution is not to question or to fight a belief the right to freedom of belief does not permit that. The aim is to warn against certain tendencies to pass off a belief as science. It is necessary to separate belief from science. It is not a matter of antagonism. Science and belief must be able to coexist. It is not a matter of opposing belief and science, but it is necessary to prevent belief from opposing science.
2. For some people the Creation, as a matter of religious belief, gives a meaning to life. Nevertheless, the Parliamentary Assembly is worried about the possible ill-effects of the spread of creationist ideas within our education systems and about the consequences for our democracies. If we are not careful, creationism could become a threat to human rights, which are a key concern of the Council of Europe.
More detailed explanationMore detailed explanation in Philosophical More Like This
Sociopathy is described as at least three of the following:
- Callous unconcern for the feelings of others.
- Gross and persistent attitude of irresponsibility and disregard for social norms, rules, and obligations.
- Incapacity to maintain enduring relationships, though having no difficulty in establishing them.
- Very low tolerance to frustration and a low threshold for discharge of aggression, including violence.
- Incapacity to experience guilt or to profit from experience, particularly punishment.
- Markedly prone to blame others or to offer plausible rationalizations for the behavior that has brought the person into conflict with society.
Most modern christians and muslims display the following:
- Absolutely no understanding (irony is great, imr?), concern or compassion for people who do not behave like they think they should, specially LGBT people. Constant praise of teen suicides, praise of organisations who restrict LGBT, atheist and pagan rights, callous disregard for the suf
Beauty is meaninglessDay without night: allBeauty is meaningless in Haiku & Eastern More Like This
Will burn alive under
Intense, harsh light.
Without bats, the stings
Of a thousand insects will
Pierce your fell skin.
Without insects, you
Will wither as plants crumble;
Fitting a fate.
Cling on to what is
Beautiful, and rightfully
Does Hell wait for you.
Response to arrogant stupidity part 1Response to arrogant stupidity part 1 in Reviews & Guides More Like This
"-One of the teachings of Wicca is reincarnation. But there is no evidence in support of reincarnation. There is no way to prove it exists."
There is no way to prove Heaven either, dumbass. Also, at least reincarnation makes sense for two reasons:
- It is a common belief in even christian derived traditions, so it's prevalence is indicative that it is more likely to be real than Heaven.
- On a scientific point of view, the body is scattered after death, so why not the soul? Only some abrahamic cults believe in a soul that is immortal; all other religions believe the soul can be fragmented, can be wounded. Seeing as how the soul is consistently depicted as not being a distinct entity from the body, it makes more sense.
"-How do you know the gods and goddesses of Wicca exist? Can you prove it?
-The Christian God has evidence to prove Him (see artist description). "
First, Wicca believes in two essencial deities; everything else is an aspect of them. The Bible its
The Ironic BlasphemyThe ides that Chirst is God comes from the phrase "Ego eimi", usually translated as "I am". This is what the name of the abrahamic deity, Yahweh, means (originally comes from the name Yahu, but since has been translated to "I am".The Ironic Blasphemy in Philosophical More Like This
However, what Jesus actually said was "Ego eimi ho on", "I am that I am". This is an archaic expression saying "I'm telling the truth".
Because Christians only believe Jesus was God because of this phrase, it means that, in fact, the very basis of christian theology is nothing but an hilarious accident.
Christ, therefore, is not God. You've been blaspheming all along.
The Image of God"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."The Image of God in Short Stories More Like This
- Luke 19:27
"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me."
- Matthew 10:34
He woke up. No longer he was in his room, the damaged relics of a happy childhood, ruined by the farce that the town was all along. No, he was not in the dark, the shelter where he quietly sobbed himself to sleep, the quiet nothingness where they could not see his emotional suffering. Instead of opening the eyes to see nothing, he opened
Humanity is the bestIt is rather bothersome that so many idiots out there claim that animals are better than people. In fact, there is no better way to be a deluded fuck than to claim animals are morally superior.Humanity is the best in Philosophical More Like This
Homo sapiens is the only species with moral codes. We're the only animals have have notions of "right" and "wrong", that seek self-improvement, that have laws to protect the majority. We're the only species capable of charity, capable of considering the needs of all other members of our species, and most importantly we're the only species that actually cares for other species.
Other animals have at best emotional and instinctual connections to family/group members; everyone outside is fair game. Non-human animals have no considerations of what is ethical and what isn't; canibalism, rape and even low scale genocide have been observed multiple times. Animals are fundamentally selfish, and even in species with strong social bonds one can observe abandonment when things became harder to survi
The real raptors re-submissionDromeosaurs ("raptors", like Velociraptor) are pretty much becoming the wolf analogues among dinosaurs, gathering a rather undeserved fanbase over other mesozoic sauropsids. Because a fair number of their admirers is stupid enough to not bother doing any research I made this text to point how "average" dromeosaurs were:The real raptors re-submission in Editorial More Like This
1- ALL dromeosaurs were feathered. Even the large ones like Utahraptor. Feathers are not like fur, they are more useful to CONTROL body temperature, not to just keep the animal warm. Furthermore, dromaeosaurs were like birds, they had airsacs connected to the lungs (and to the bones), hence further helping to cool the animal down, and making the loss of feathers unnecessary.
2- Most people portray raptors as having pronated hands (to simplify, having them in a puppy like position, like in Jurassic Park). In reality, their hands were basically in the same position as those of a person about to aplaud. This is the same position as birds, and considering that
You do not need 'God' to be Moral."If you don't believe in God, then why believe in morality?"You do not need 'God' to be Moral. in Articles & Interviews More Like This
This question was once asked by a stampmaker who has since deactivated their account here on deviantART. To this person, it seemed that morality was something that required faith. Faith, in the sense of the word that the religious use in reference to their relationship with their particular god, and not in the other sense that is used when someone speaks of trust or confidence in someone or something, based off of previous experiences.
I have always been of the opinion that we do not need god to be a good person. Some have asked me, where does the concept of good come from, but from God? It's an interesting and thought-provoking question. Where does the concept of good come from? Is it something that is learned? And if not learned, is it something that we are born with?
I feel that the solution to these questions can be found by viewing our behavior in the same wa
Do not say the Holy name.Okay so some of you may have heard about the Embassy attacks. Though the worst part is that the reason these riots started was because they released a trailer for a B-Movie based on Islam's Mohammed. Now I'm not going to talk about the riots because it's obvious that they're terrible and I mean my usual, "Religion is bullshit" theme. But I wanted to talk about a strange thing about Islam and to an extent Christianity, ah hell definitely Christianity. It's the use of generic terms when referring to Yahweh. This thing bugs me because when I hear these following things,Do not say the Holy name. in Personal More Like This
"How can you not believe in God?"
"I believe in God."
And so many others. This bugs me more with Islam but not because of it's followers but it's outsiders. They always talk about Allah this and Allah that. My problem with this is that it encourages misinformation. Islam's God's actual name is Yahweh, yes that Yahweh. OF COURSE YOU PRICK!!! Now in all seriousness you have to understand that many people