Red Velvet Whoopie Pies recipeRed Velvet Whoopie Pies recipe in Artisan Crafts More Like This
Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
2 cup all-purpoes flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of butter softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter milk
half of a 1 ounce bottle of red food coloring
(1)preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit, then line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, set aside
(2) In a large mixing bowl beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds or until creamy.
When creamed beat in brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
Alternately add the flour mixture and butter milk, beating after each addition just until combined.
Stir in food coloring.
(3) Spoon batter in 1-or-2- inch diameter rounds, about 1/2 inch high on the prepared baking sheets, allowing at least a 1 inch line in between each round. Bake 10-12 minutes or until a tooth pick come out clean.
Cool completely on baking rack
Cupcake RecipeCupcake Recipe in Artisan Crafts More Like This
Here is the Recipe for the Yellow Buttermilk cupcakes and the Swiss Meringue Buttercream (this makes 34 cupcakes)
3 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (2 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 1/4 cups sugar
5 large whole eggs plus 3 egg yolks, room temperature
2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Sift together both flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium. Add whole eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add yolks, and beat until thoroughly combined. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of buttermilk, and
Rainbow Sprinkles RecipeRainbow Sprinkles Recipe in Artisan Crafts More Like This
Rainbow Sprinkles Recipe
1 cup Powdered sugar
1-3 Tbls of milk
1 Tlbs light corn syrup
Gel based coloring (you can use any kind but gel will be more vibrant)
Vanilla, Almond, or Lemon extracts for the flavor
1. Mix together powdered sugar and milk, then when mixed well add the corn syrup.
2. Add the color or colors of your choosing
3.Place in a piping bag with the smallest tip, or into a sandwich beg with a very small hole in one of the corners. Use a cookie sheet or any other flat surface with wax or parchment paper on it to pipe out the sprinkles.
4. Let dry for 2 to 3 days depending on the size of your sprinkles (if they are bigger than a nickel they need to dry for a few days, if they are smaller than a dime then a few hours will do the trick.)
These are great to use on ice cream, cakes, cookies, and cupcakes.
Hope you enjoy