Lolz, This is basically an Update from the version made by =Solitude12, After dA changing their search bar several times after the TNAG version =Solitude12's version stoped working. =Solitude12 has given me permission to Submit this as he created two of the 5 colours (pink and blue). The purple, lime and yellow versions are new ones that I, myself have created. This is free to use for anyone that want's to. Links are below to download. This is my first script so let me know if there are any faults / glitches please.
We specialize in providing efficient & innovative design services that will enable your projects to truly stand out. Our team of dedicated creative professionals is capable of matching your every design need no matter how big or small.
* Special thanks to our Creative Lead Juan Gomez *
This modification is only for Windows Vista 32bit [SP1 VERSION].
For having mac spirit style icons to your Windows Vista 32bit [SP1 VERSION] system , same as those i use, you must replace at least 2 icon files .dll, imageres and shell32.dll .
Here are 2 icon .dll files, (mixed with mac spirit icons [i made] and original mac style icons) that i use to my Windows Vista 32bit SP1 VERSION, so HERE are 2 files : imageres and shell32.dll that originally exist on C:\Windows\System32.
For replacing those icon's system .dll files, [in this case imageneres.dll and shell32.dll] for your windows vista [32bit sp1 in this case], you must do this: ------------------------------------------ Make a restore point.
Go to C:\Windows\System32 then find the file .dll that you want to replace, for example the: imageres.dll
then one left clik for select it, and then do that:
1. Right-click the file original and select Properties.
2. Click on the Security tab.
3. Click Advanced in the lower right.
4. In the Advanced Security Settings window that pops up, click on the Owner tab.
5. Click Edit.
6. Click Other users or groups.
7. Click Advanced in the lower left corner.
7. Click Find Now.
8. Scroll through the results and double-click on your current user account.
9. Click OK to all of the remaining windows except the first Properties window.
10. Select your user account from the list up top and click Edit.
11. Select your user account from the list up top again and then in the pane below, check Full control under Allow, or as much control as you need.
12. You’ll get a security warning, click Yes.
Then copy this file [ for example this imageres.dll to a safe place[folder] for using it as a back up [for example make a new folder to c and name it ''original dll'', so your original dll file could be saved on C:\original dll\imageres.dll].
then go again to C:\Windows\System32 then find again the file .dll that you want to replace, for example imageres.dll and rename it to imageneres.bak .
Then copy the new imagenres.dll , from the zip file[unzip it first] to C:\Windows\System32 .
Do the same for any file .dll you want replace [for example do the same for the shell32.dll]
after finish all the changes, Restart your Pc.
(Make sure you have the new file named exactly the same as your original one and correctly in place before restarting pc, otherwise you may experience problems)
also in this case, you can replace those .dll files i give you, ONLY if your system uses Windows Vista 32bit [SP1 VERSION] as mine.
If you want to use your older files which you have backup to the safe folder, just rename again the .dll you have to replace forexample the imageres.dll exist to C:\Windows\System32 to imageres.bak2 , and then copy the imagres file which exist from your safe folder let say C:\original dll\imageres.dll to C:\Windows\System32 . do similar for any system file .dll you have back up.
(DO THIS AT YOU OWN RISK)
you can do this for
Other Windows Vista versions :
1. if you have not sp1, you can do the modification yourself , see how:
Make a restore point.Then Go to C:\Windows\System32 find the original microsoft system files .dll you want to replace, then then one left clik for select it, and then do all 12 actions as described for taking permision from the system. then copy this folders to 2 different folders. one must be your backup. to the other do this : download a trial version of restorator [unless you use freeware resourcehacker , but you have to spent more time for doing so], then unzip the files i give u, open each with restorator, there are some categories inside, find where is written icons, left clik select it, then right clik to icons and select copy, then open with restorator the original system files you have saved [not the backup but the other] folder, find the category icons , left clik select it, then right clik to icons and select paste.[so with 1 clik you copy all of them], then save them. then go again to C:\Windows\System32 then find again the file .dll that you want to replace, for example imageres.dll and rename it to imageneres.bak . Then copy the new imagenres.dll , from the folder you made to C:\Windows\System32 .
2. if you have windows vista 64bit, do the same , that means copy/paste the icons to the dll of your system [dont forget o back up to a safe folder your original ones], but it is possible that also you must do this : take the vista32bit version of these files included in this pack , and browse to C:\windows\SysWOW64\ locate the files, take ownership of them and replace with the X86 versions in this pack. [its good first ask other people have vista 64 the way that it works, as i have not x 64 version of vista]