I finished the windowblinds version. I decided not to include the transparent start menu and I tried to create some glow buttons but they didnt look that good. Maybe I'll give it another try later. Also I didn't include a toolbar theme for this theme because I like the way the default Widnows toolbar looks with it.
A fresh skn for the summer. Package contains the Visual Style with two different versions, White and Black. Both came with normal and compact start menu.
This skin does not use any graphics (other than a single required file) and only uses Winamp's XML/MAKI elements for the interface. It does have a couple small issues/limitations as a result but overall it works well. The most noticeable limitation is that it cannot support color themes, although if someone was determined enough they could easily open up the code and tweak the color values to make it look however they wanted. Turned out well enough for an experiment though, enjoy the skin!
- 4 player modes: Normal, Integrated Playlist, Compact and Shade
- Normal player mode includes auto-switching album art / AVS area
- All components skinned
- Notifier with album art feature
BTW, if anyone does come up with cool color modifications to this, I'd like to see them!
DEC 23 update: Toolbar buttons mouseover effects fixed to ignore the window theme's mouseover effect, for full compatibility to all Visual Styles and WindowBlinds themes.
- Fully functional rounded search bar in all mail windows and address book sidebar
- Includes modded compact menu extension to hide menu bar and display Search image in toolbar; supports "Search" text headers in English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Swedish languages
- Native Aqua scrollbars, droplist menus, and white-grey striped background menu lists
- Active, inactive and pressed states for all buttons
- Blue and grey background colors for selected, current and focused items
- Message status icons for unread, flagged, junk, attachments, replied and/or forwarded
- Large and small icon views
- Thin folder pane, and message pane with dimple resizer
- Extract "tigermail-1.5.6-tb.jar" from "tigermail-1.5.6-tb.zip".
- In Thunderbird, select Tools > Themes > Install, and open "tigermail-1.5.6-tb.jar". Note you will need to uninstall Tiger Mail 1.5.1 first since version 1.5.5 onwards is a new GUID.
- Select "Tiger Mail" and click "Use Theme".
- Restart Thunderbird.
Extension Installation Note installation of compact menu is optional
- Extract the modded "compact_tb.xpi" from "tigermail-1.5.6-tb.zip".
- In Thunderbird, select Tools > Extensions > Install, and open "compact_tb.xpi".
- Restart Thunderbird.
- Right click on the toolbar, select "Customize", then drag and drop the Search bar image to the menubar. Move up the icons from the mail toolbar to the menubar for a neater look. Then click View > Toolbars > Mail Toolbar Bar to hide it.
- To hide the functional search bar, click View > Toolbars > Search Bar.
- Note compact menu extension doesn't appear in the Extensions window due to a bug. However, it works fine in Thunderbird 1.5+.
- To uninstall compact menu, delete "compact-tb.jar" from "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\chrome". Then uninstall and reinstall Thunderbird. Until the extension developer updates compact menu for TB 1.5+, this is the only way to cleanly uninstall the extension.
- To align the "delete" button to start from the right border of the folder pane, right click on the toolbar, select "Customize", then drag and drop multiple "Space" icons (or "Flexible Space" if preferred) to the toolbar.
You can show/hide the fully functional Search bar from View > Toolbars > Search Bar.
- Re-arrange the toolbar icons as per the preview screenshot or to your liking.
- Complements any OS X theme (and even Windows Classic!), though it looks best with the Platinum Aqua sub-style WindowBlinds skin [link] or OSX Tiger IV (Tiger sub-skin) Visual Style [link]
Things to try
+ Message filters. Click Tools > Message Filters to automatically take action for inbox messages by matching filter criteria. An example is automatically moving messages to a designated folder by sender or subject.
+ Junk mail filter. Click Tools > Junk Mail Controls. A Junk folder will then appear in the foler pane containing any junk mail.
+ Saved Search folders. Click File > New > Saved Search or enter search criteria in the functional search bar then click the magnifying glass icon and select "Save search as a folder". Smart virtual folders will then appear in the folder pane, and contain messages of matching criteria. This works for the respective email, rss and newsgroup accounts.
+ View Gmail messages in Thunderbird. Useful for offline reading. See [link]
Changes in Version 1.5.5
- Native Aqua scrollbars, menu droplists and menu lists
- Compact menu extension fixed
- Blue instead of grey selection color if multiple messages selected
- Fixed CSS image link for "New Card" hover small button state in address book
- Question mark alert icon updated for dialog box
- "Reply and forwarded" message status icon updated
- Updated documentation
* Magnus Wild for search bar CSS code and icons
* PDidee for the tiger mail resources
After re-arranging some of the names, I realized it knocked the alignment of the star out of line. That is now fixed.
A few minor edits in the deviation... I removed Che Guevara in favor of the Résistance Française and fixed my misspelling of one of the names from "Stoakley" Carmichael to "Stokely" Carmichael. Also, I noticed some of the links don't work, so I'm fixing those as well. To accomodate the changes I've made, I had to shift around the order of the names... I switched Raul Castro and Fred Hampton, switched Résistance Française (formerly Ernesto Guevara) and Eldridge Cleaver, and H. Rap Brown and Farabundo Martí.
Let this be my response to the inactivity note. By the way I'm ~r3s3nt
Everyone and everything on there is or is related to a fight for freedom somewhere in the world. We like call ourselves freedom fighters. Perhaps we should set the parameters as to what a "freedom fighter" is.