the cameo list (permission?)mostly just here to keep track of faces that I wanna use here and there, lmao. None of these characters are necessarily going to do much, but in a story like this, in order to flesh out this AU, I kinda need background faces? Yeah. XD
:iconnadjagreen: Antarctica / Jerri - Science
:iconhatofulhato: Manila / Lorenzo - Science
:iconkirinkv: Manila / Gabriella - Mathematics
:icone-chan12: Philippines / Mariella - Reception
:iconangelliyesmadirector: Philippines / Lia (nickname seeing as we already have a Rosalia) - Cafeteria
Most of these will just be regular students that may pop up in classroom/school scenes during the day. Some will be going to the school that Lovino/Kiku/etc go to, but others may be students at Cahaya's school. Some of them may also have part-time jobs at the Mall where the Mall Dwellers reside. Either way, these Giants don't really have any knowledge of Dwellers actually existing, though some might believe in the 'tiny people
OC Contest [AND IT BEGINS]WELCOME TO THE OC CONTEST!OC Contest [AND IT BEGINS]1 year ago in Personal More Like This
Hey there! It’s time for the contest you OC creators have all been waiting for! It’s the OC Contest. In this contest, you have a chance of getting your character a role in ‘Elementary’! So if you want to know what ‘Elementary’ is all about, here is the information:
THE BASE PLOT
Lovino Vargas is a new student that is in his Senior Year at Hetalia High School, having spent previous years at different schools due to his family moving around lots. While other students are looking forward to bright futures and amazing new opportunities, Lovino is rather fed up with the world around him. He feels like he's seen it all and nothing is worth getting excited over anymore. The only person he really knows at this school is his annoying classmate Gilbert Beilschmidt, his annoying little brothers Feliciano and Serafino Vargas, and the rather mysterious Kiku Honda. As he spends more
OC Contest Results [Congratulations!]Welcome, welcome! I'm sure you've all been waiting very patiently, yes? Or impatiently. Gomen if you waited impatiently. I hope none of you went on a murderous rampage to pass the time while I thought these through.OC Contest Results [Congratulations!]1 year ago in Personal More Like This
Now there are just a few things I want to say before I announce the results.
I was judging characters on many things. Art style has nothing to do with who get chosen over others, so please don't assume that it was the biggest factor. No, what mattered to me the most was the following:
- the character's personality: did they seem interesting to me? Could I see potential on what could be expanded about the character in this doujinshi?
- how the character interacts with others: integration is the most important thing! What can also bring out a character's qualities is the way they interact with those around them. That's why I really wanted to see people talk about relations within their own subject... and I am big on dynamics.
- what is it about them that I'd want
The Subjects (UPDATED THE CONTEST WINNER OCS)ENGLISHThe Subjects (UPDATED THE CONTEST WINNER OCS)1 year ago in Personal More Like This
In the main English classroom, there are two groups featured within this Subject. This is where the youngest Class Dwellers grow up and receive their main education. When they turn 13, they will move to another Subject depending on their specialities and receive further training towards their new jobs. There are teachers in this Subject who look after the younger members and educate them about the world that they know. The leader of this subject is Elizabeta.
The Teachers of this Subject Include: Elizabeta (Hungary), Noi (Laos OC), Feliks (Poland), Joao (Male Portugal - ponytail design) and Estelle (Martinique OC).
The Students of this Subject Include: Alois (Kugelmugel), Peter (Sealand), Ashleigh (Wy), Ted (Vikesland OC), Yasmin (Spratly Islands OC), Mirari (Timor Leste OC) and Nina (Redonda OC).
Gold for the Teachers
Silver for the Students
Contest: History and CultureAfter months of mentioning it but never taking any action, us admins have decided to hold a contest. It will have three available categories to enter in, with a first, second and third place for each category. This leaves nine potential winners.Contest: History and Culture1 year ago in Personal More Like This
- In the description of your entry, please specify which category your piece is meant to enter in.
- No mature content
- Deadline is the twentieth of March, 2014. Due to only having one entry on March 15th, the deadline is now the thirtieth of April. Entries will be judged from March twenty-first to March twenty-third.
- You may submit two entries; however, you may only win once.
- Submit your entry/entries to the contest entry folder: http://accurate-hetalia-ocs.deviantart.com/gallery/47612048
- Anyone may enter (including non-members), so long as they are not one of the prize donors. If an admin wishes to enter, they may not enter for a category that they are judging.
- OCs must be by whoever is entering. Yo
IconsI should be working on the huge stack of homework I've got, but instead I'm going to sit here and present to you a buttload of icons you might find useful.Icons2 years ago in Personal More Like This
Winter ContestEdit: 2/15Winter Contest1 year ago in Personal More Like This
Submissions now ~CLOSED~
Voting Poll opens today!!
*Will stay open 48 hours to determine People's Choice 1st, 2nd, 3rd Places
*Remember, vote solicitation is not allowed~ Thank you ;D
Deadline: February 14th
(Draw/Write something to Enter)
All rightie~ It took a little while to get prizes set up from the last contest, which prompted the delay in getting this activity together. But, now that everything seems to be in order (and coming together slowly ^^), we're on to the next one!!
For those of you who participated last time, you know how it goes~ For those of you who missed it, or want to sign up this time, here’s the set up:
How It Will Work
There will be Two Categories: One for Artists. One fo
400 watchers Raffle Art giveaway- Raffle resultI forgot to do this on 31st. Sorry!!!400 watchers Raffle Art giveaway- Raffle result11 months ago in Personal More Like This
Okay...based on Random.org
the winning number is:
And so the winner is:
I shall note ya details~
So....I realized this morning I got 400 watchers already.
Anyway~...because the universe has given me a blessing today (we don't have class...which is good because i overslept), I've decided to return it to y'all..
I'll pick a winner who'll get a free watercolor halfbody-knee up portrait of a character of their choice.
like this, I guess:
1. You must be watching me to join this raffle. And yeah, you can add me in your watch list right now and join~
2. Fave this journal, I'll draw the winner from the fave list.
3. I'll contact you if you win~...
4. Raffle entries are valid until March 31...afterwards I'll pick a winner.
ALso sorry for being inact
MEL'S GIANT FACKING SHIP LIST [casually adjusts]alternatively titled: YOU THINK YOUR SHIP LIST WAS BIG? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sweet jesus oh you how cute of youMEL'S GIANT FACKING SHIP LIST [casually adjusts]2 years ago in Personal More Like This
Anyway I said I'd do this soooo... 8U
Here's the law:
1. I ship what I want
2. You respect what I ship
3. Yes I ship ships featuring OCs
4. Yes I ship ships that are heterosexual and homosexual
5. I do what I waaaaaant
6. if your ship list is bigger than mine you are either lying or you ship world/world orgy and hey that's cool yo do what you want
7. KorPiri is your secret OTP regardless of whether you admit it or not
8. no use denying #7 because i know you are lying
9. I'M ON TONIGHT AND MY HIPS DON'T LIE
10. don't throw off my groove
11. you won't like me when my groove gets thrown off
12. THE 12 LAWS OF MEL'S SHIPS i just wanted to get to 12
13. if you ignore #11 and #12 and #13, you can call the above the TEN COMMELMENTS
shut up i'm effing funny
ANYWAY LET'S DO THIS SHIT 8U
FAQFAQFAQ6 months ago in Personal Journal More Like This
When did you start drawing? | All kids draw if you wedge a marker in their stubby paws, I just never stopped. I was a VERY shy kid with no self-respect whatsoever, I latched onto art almost immediately as a source of praise and redemption. Now that I have cheapened my lifelong love of art into a form of surrogate self-worth, the real answer is twelve. That summer a combination of questioning my future career, reading too many art books, and falling suddenly in love with Disney movies went critical, and I decided I wanted to be an animator. I committed myself from then on to taking drawing seriously. (Not long after that Disney culled its 2D feature film studios. I decided to pretend like that didn't happen, or might be reversed.)
How did you start drawing? | First, at midnight, I spread the entrails of a freshly killed weasel on the altar of the Mighty Satan... Ah. No, sorry. That was how I got my good looks.
I started drawing in serious by cleaning the local libra