Thank you everyone who participated in the contest! It's certainly been a lot of fun for me, and I hope all you wonderful artists had fun with your entries, too! Now comes the hardest part of all... the judging. As each entry was submitted, I have been admiring them as separate pieces of art and not comparing them to pieces already entered. So I will be organising the entries into their themes, and will choose from there! Expect a new journal announcing the winners either tonight or no later than tomorrow night. Winners will then be contacted via note to choose their prize(s), so don't worry if you don't catch the journal! I have been so impressed with the entries, that I'm thinking of improving second place prizes and then adding a third place prize, too. Everything will be made clear in the winner announcement!
Raffle Winner announced! - Raffle is now closed.
The raffle ended last night. Thank you all for your participation, I truly appreciate it! The winning number was...
17 - congratulations! I will be noting you about your prize shortly Good luck to everyone else entering the art contest - there's still 13 days left! You can still submit your entries on May 10th up until midnight.
The contest subject is simple: A piece of art that features both Cupid (from "Fairly Odd Parents") and Psyche (OC), matching one of the themes. References are below in the "Themes" section. We're accepting any and all art styles! You can draw, write, paint, whatever! If you choose to draw, you may do so in any style! Not great at drawing humanoids? No matter! We will be accepting MLP ponifications and animal representations too!
Submit to this dA account (preferably via note)
Let’s start with what everyone’s interested in: The Prize!
There are 3 themes in this contest, with the winner of each theme taking home $60. You can enter as many themes as you like - just one, or all of them! There is only one submission allowed per artist per theme, but there’s no limit to how many themes one artist can win, e.g. You could win two themes, and get $120 prize money. Or win one and come second in another and get $60 plus a drawing. That extra $30 I mentioned at the top? That’s a raffle prize! To enter the raffle, please read the rules section. Anyone can enter the raffle, whether you submit art or not!
The prizes have four conditions, so please read carefully!
1. The prize money is sent through Paypal only. No other arrangements can be made.
2. I have set it to USD because that’s what most people use. However, if you want your prize money in another currency, that’s no problem, I will send it as so. Bear in mind that the prize is set at 60 USD, though. So it will be converted as such. For example, if you want your money in Pound Sterling, you will not get £60, but the currency conversion of $60 (the currency converter I will be using is this one: www.xe.com/currencyconverter/)
3. I will be paying all Paypal fees! Your money will be sent as “gift”, so you get the full amount.
4. Each theme will also have a silver medal. The prize for that is one drawing by myself. I can make it traditional or digital, and you can have up to two fully-coloured characters, transparent (no background). I will draw whatever you wish (but no NSFW), although I’m not great at humanoids. I will also follow/watch everyone who enters (once you submit at least one piece), and the winners will be featured across our dA/tumblr stuff, as well as my HTTYD website. There’s only one winner of the raffle, which is $30.
"I don't use Paypal! Can I get points/something else instead?"I cannot send points, but I can exchange the prizes. If you prefer, first prize (instead of $60) will be a 2-year premium membership and a drawing. Second place is a drawing and cannot be exchanged. The raffle prize (instead of $30) will be either a drawing or a 1-year premium membership; your choice. If you have multiple wins, I'll combine your winning total and go from there.
MOST IMPORTANT BIT GUYS.
- This is meant to be fun, and maybe a chance to practice your skills! So no harassment or insulting of anyone.
- You don’t have to follow me/watch me to enter. To submit your art, first you must upload it to either DeviantArt, Dropbox or Tumblr. Then, link it to me. Once I’ve received it, I will give you confirmation that you’ve been entered. IF I HAVE NOT CONFIRMED IT WITH YOU, YOU HAVEN’T BEEN ENTERED. If you think I’ve missed your submission, don’t be shy about letting me know! All submissions are here, and if there some non-dA entries then I will upload them into another album. so people can see and possibly vote.
- Any kind of art may be submitted! I will not discriminate. You may use traditional or digital drawing, painting, pixel art, 3D, literature... Literally, anything! Literature caps at 2,000 words, though, for fairness.
- Everyone can send me one WIP, if they want to, if they want some advice on what may help them. Please send it privately to prevent your ideas being stolen. I will help you out with characterisation and references.
- Please note that none of the themes allow gore, violence or any kind of hate-act. For the intimate theme, please tread carefully. Porn/smut/explicit depictions are not allowed. Suggestive stuff is allowed, if it’s done tastefully and respectfully. I will judge each one individually. Please send me a WIP if you’re unsure.
- RAFFLE - to enter the raffle, all you need to do is spread the word. Post a journal or something to Tumblr advertising my contest (you can copy/paste, reblog, or write your own, as long as it links to this master post). The Tumblr post you can reblog is here. Show me your post and I’ll give you a raffle number! Numbers are given in the order that you post. The winning number will be decided via www.random.org
There are 3 themes. Art will be judged not on quality, but on emotion, creativity and characterisation. A very simple submission could win, if it was a unique idea and got the characters down well. I’m not looking for super flashy art necessarily. We have left them very vague to allow as much freedom as possible! If you submit your entry without specifying which theme it's for, then I'll automatically place it in the theme I think it's most suitable in.
You may depict them:
- In any style - FOP, anime/manga, your own, etc. It doesn’t need to be show accurate.
- As any creature. Them as fairies is a great way to go, but you’re not limited to it, as fairies can transform. They could be animals, MLP ponies, whatever! Just make sure they resemble themselves, this may help: tinyurl.com/mt9nc7g
- With Psyche as male. Psyche is gender fluid, so either male or female Psyche is acceptable.
Cupid [There's like a billion here] - Just tab onto "Character" for his personality ref.
Lady Psyche: Male Psyche(we don't have a ref of him in FOP-style yet): , and Psyche's bio is here. It was quite lengthy, so I've taken out all information that isn't relevant to the themes.
Optional pony ref: [You don't have to stick to this!]
Theme 1 - Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day is Cupid and Psyche’s anniversary. Use your art to depict either the day they met/early dates (the bio would help a lot here - Psyche was not a fairy then, so no wings!), their wedding, or just celebrating their anniversary/Valentine's Day.
Theme 2 - Intimacy
The theme for cute, fluffy romance. Cuddling, flirting, dates, romantic gestures, etc. “Intimate” does not mean sex here thanks.
Theme 3 - Everyday Life
This is the “misc.” theme. Just have the pair enjoying their day-to-day life together, either at home or sharing in an activity. They’re friends as well as lovers, so this theme is more focused on their friendship rather than romance!
This journal may be updated!!