Arguments that video games don't cause violenceArguments that video games don't cause violence:Arguments that video games don't cause violence2 weeks ago in Literature Templates More Like This
1. Violent juvenile crime in the United States has been declining as violent video game popularity has increased. The arrest rate for juvenile murders has fallen 71.9% between 1995 and 2008. The arrest rate for all juvenile violent crimes has declined 49.3%. In this same period, video game sales have more than quadrupled.
2. A causal link between violent video games and violent behavior has not been proven. Many studies suffer from design flaws and use unreliable measures of violence and aggression such as noise blast tests. Thoughts about aggression have been confused with aggressive behavior, and there is a lack of studies that follow children over long periods of time.
3. A 2004 US Secret Service review of previous school-based attacks found that one-eighth of attackers exhibited an interest in violent video games, less than the rate of interest attackers showed in violent movies, books, and violence in their own writings. The report
Arguments supporting same-sex marriageArguments supporting same-sex marriage:Arguments supporting same-sex marriage2 weeks ago in Literature Templates More Like This
1. Same-sex couples should be allowed to publicly celebrate their commitment in the same way as heterosexual couples.
2. Same-sex couples should have access to the same benefits enjoyed by heterosexual married couples.
3. The concept of "traditional marriage" being defined as one man and one woman is historically inaccurate.
4. Marriage is redefined as society's attitudes evolve, and the majority of Americans now support gay marriage.
5. Gay marriage is protected by the Constitution's commitments to liberty and equality.
6. Denying same-sex couples the right to marry stigmatizes gay and lesbian families as inferior and sends the message that it is acceptable to discriminate against them.
7. Gay marriages can bring financial gain to state and local governments.
8. Gay marriage would make it easier for same-sex couples to adopt, providing stable homes for children who would otherwise be left in foster care.
9. Marriage provides both physical and ps
Words In My Veins.Sometimes, I'm overwhelmed by feeling everything all at once.Words In My Veins.2 months ago in Free Verse More Like This
Sometimes, I feel nothing at all.
I don't want to be alone.
Your soft spoken words runs through my veins like a river.
No one makes me as happy but yet,
No one makes me as sad as
Sonnets RevisitedSpencerian Sonnet:Sonnets Revisited5 years ago in Traditional Fixed Forms More Like This
Locked up in the silence that I have known
Shrouded veil of darkened despair
There was no hope that could have ever grown
I long to know the touch of tender care
This life, far too malicious and unfair
Simply to leave me a hollow, dead shell
If only our memories we could share
Perhaps I will start to seem less unwell
This painful, gnawing feeling will not quell
And yet if you are willing to be mine
And save me from Dante's frozen Hell
And give me your tender love, so devine
Please do not leave my hope unrequited
Scornful loneliness has left me frightened
Where has my earth and water vanished to?
In this abysmal, dark oblivion.
Without your love, I will never come through,
And I shall never come to live again.
The mile is reluctant to give an inch,
But I will crawl until I find my cure.
Through the burning day to night black as pitch,
I shall follow your voice by its soft contour.
No siren shall misguide my attention.
To have you, I would let go