Cosplay and Con Tips-TermsCosplay and Con Tips-Terms5 years ago in Other More Like This
1. Bring water to cons. Things can get pretty expensive at anime cons.
2. Have an e-mail you can give out at cons. This is handy if you take pictures and people want copies, or the other way around.
3. Expect people to want pictures while you are cosplaying and have some poses ready in mind.
4. Bring a small sewing repair kit while cosplaying. You can get them at some dollar stores.
5. Going to your first con? Go to the vendors hall right off the bat if you can. Items go fast.
6. Have a meeting place to find your friends. It can get very busy at cons and near imposable to find people.
7. Afraid of having to go to a con alone? Most cons have forums where people come up with a place to meet. If your con does not have a meeting place, don't be afraid to start your own!
8. When you are at a con, reellaaxxx. There even the most stuck up business person can feel like they are in recess again.
9. Make sure you make your cosplay the best you can.
5 Simple Tips to Better CosplayBefore I start, I just want to clarify that I'm by no means an expert at all this. I've only been cosplaying a year and I still have a lot to learn, but my tutorials and cosplays get positive responses and I'm often asked how I do certain things, so I decided to put up a few tips that have helped me get where I am.5 Simple Tips to Better Cosplay3 years ago in Other More Like This
1. Find a good cosplay photographer
I cannot stress how important this is. I've seen way too many great cosplayers who only have shots taken by their friends or family and it makes me sad their missing out on the attention they could get towards their cosplay if they just had some good photos.
How do I find a good photographer?
Pay attention to cosplayers from your area, whether it be Cosplay.com, WorldCosplay, Facebook or right here on DeviantArt. If you find someone who has a cosplay picture that you really like, ask them who did their photo shoot and ask for their contact information. If you're at a convention, look out for people with expensive camer