My new cosplay is Reshiia from Scissors Crown by Thores Shibamoto. I love her artworks very much and make new costumes with a great pleasure. Reshiia has four amazing costumes and at first I wanted to make her yellow dress, but realized that many other cosplayers would like to make it too. So, I started making her red dress (you can see it at the end of the novel). All details of the costume and the hat are made by me. Wig styling by *Jannet*. Shoes(probably on the other photo ^^") are made by Yako. Photo by Shaadorian
Cha-No-Yu 2013 Cartoon Show First place! It is first time I ever got a prise, so I'm happy
College came and studies took over, the project never really left us, but we were at a standstill. I needed to work on the embroidery and there were other things we didnâ€™t know how to do, the â€œegg shapedâ€ lights at the bottom. Shoul got married and packed up the dress pieces to take with her on her travels, far up north from where we started, then south south south east, and finally to the north east. I went west for several years and we didnâ€™t speak often for some time.
As luck would have it, after I graduated I got offered a position in a little town called Exton in the eastern state of Pennsylvania. I knew Shoul was within driving distance again, and as luck would happen I got a date with someone nearby her. So I called her up and arranged for a visit. I had just gotten into the con scene around then and was more serious about costuming. She went to a con with me. Iâ€™m not sure what her response was entirely, but we both had some fun. The trip back from that con was a nightmare. Some more time passed and then at a con I asked how a Rikku had made her horns: Paper clay.
The crown was once again possible. The project never truly forgotten, we were close once again, and one of our major stumbling blocks was possible. After a nice Thanksgiving dinner with her in-laws we set out on Black Friday to get some deals, including the Michealâ€™s craft sale. We got our package of paper clay, a foam head, and then got to work. The crown was now on its way and would be finished soon.
This is the hardest cosplay i have ever made. Mantel included over 1000 leaves different types. Photoshoot was in Kiev. It was very cold and windy. It was like a horrow and i couldnt feel my fingers( But i hope, that you enjou it))
When I've saw the first preview of the Templar Wizard Battle.net portrait from the Diablo III CE I instantly felt in love into the idea to mix a Wizard with the Protoss design. At this time in October 2011 even the name was not released (which was the reason why I've called my project "Protoss Wizard"), but I knew already that this will be my costume for the next Blizzcon. Since there was sadly no such event in 2012 I finally finished this costume only a week ago for Blizzcon 2013 now.
From the planning to the final brush stroke of the costume it was always designed for transportation into a suitcase. Since my reference showed only the head of my future costume I was also very free in this step and chose - to make my Blizzard fangirl costume perfect - a weapon from World of Warcraft (Halbert of Smithing) with a adjusted Protoss design as a prop. Over weeks and months I've worked on the design, built the armor, rebuild many pieces again and again until I was satisfied and teached myself the technique to let everything glow in the way I had since years in mind. Overall it is my biggest project so far and after so much worries, crazy stress, depressing fails and problems I just love how the final costume turned out.
Some facts: - All LEDs are programmed and do not only glow, but pulse over a central controlling and energy source on my back. The programming is not finaly and will still changed until Blizzcon. - The costume developed during almost 2 years of progress with around 5 different designs. - I've spent around 1500 € and 800 hours of time for it (usually I need 300 hours for a big project). - The wig weights around 2 kilos and needs a ton of bobby pins and some painkillers to stay on my head for hours. - I need around 4 hours to get ready since the fixing of the wig and the armor is not only pretty complicated, but also the wiring needs to be plugged together and tested several times. - Since the costume is designed for the suitcase I'm able to put my 2.10m polearm and also my costume with no problems inside and even have space for a further costume.
Well, and if you're interested: Here and here you'll find a video of the working LEDs.