Riddick 'Rule the Dark' Winners
View Contest Article
18+ US Only
THANK YOU FOR ENTERING
Strap on your goggles, Riddick fans! Director David Twohy reviewed each of the 25 amazing semi-finalist entries into the Riddick: Rule the Dark Fan Art Contest, and after careful consideration, he's chosen three bounty hunters to win tons of cash and prizes! "You're not afraid of the dark, are you?"
CSS Tricks: Background ImagesToday's CSS Trick will be about using background images in Journal Skins.CSS Tricks: Background Images2 years ago in Journal and Gallery Tutorials More Like This
There are three types of images that are mostly used in journals skins: big background images, seamlessly repeatable patterns and icon/logo-like images.
Images can be used for all elements of a journal: in the header, footer, behind text, next to text etc.. Any journal element has the ability to contain an image
I cannot stress enough that the main objective of a journal is making written content enjoyable to read. It is all about readability and making it as easy for the reader as possible. Very often I come across pretty journal skins, that have a complete lack of readability. In one of my previous CSS Tricks I already mentioned the dangers of text lengths and how to limit the .text width to improve readability.
Problems with using images:
Despite being big an images turns out to be too small for a journalAn image does not repeat seamlesslyText becomes non-re
Cosplay and Con Tips-TermsCosplay and Con Tips-Terms5 years ago in Other More Like This
1. Bring water to cons. Things can get pretty expensive at anime cons.
2. Have an e-mail you can give out at cons. This is handy if you take pictures and people want copies, or the other way around.
3. Expect people to want pictures while you are cosplaying and have some poses ready in mind.
4. Bring a small sewing repair kit while cosplaying. You can get them at some dollar stores.
5. Going to your first con? Go to the vendors hall right off the bat if you can. Items go fast.
6. Have a meeting place to find your friends. It can get very busy at cons and near imposable to find people.
7. Afraid of having to go to a con alone? Most cons have forums where people come up with a place to meet. If your con does not have a meeting place, don't be afraid to start your own!
8. When you are at a con, reellaaxxx. There even the most stuck up business person can feel like they are in recess again.
9. Make sure you make your cosplay the best you can.