Costuming Part 5: Completion of a HeadFor information from the beginning, hit up
Quick update on the bodysuit first: it's still kind of in disarray, but stuff is getting done. We added some stiff interfacing to the hooves to give them consistent shape and finished the bottoms of the forehooves. Currently, the hocks on the hind legs and the cutie mark are each about half done. It's still not really in a very wearable shape where it won't fall off, so getting meaningful pictures is pretty difficult.
Luckily, I've got plenty of head photos instead.
We last left off at the gluing, which is quite possibly one of the most nerve-wracking parts of the project. Hot glue makes a huge mess of fur and trying to lay it down, but keep it clear of the massive blob of fur that was Twi's facial coat was a two-person job. This was because the horn made the amount of lift and flexibility of the cloth pretty close to non-existent.
It's also possible with long fur to accidentally get the roots in the wrong place, which is what