HomeI live in a place whereHome1 year ago in Free Verse More Like This
The wind whispers secrets
Softer than a moth's wing beats,
Where the light of the sun
With mists in bouts of swordplay,
Where life is found
In the tiniest crevices
Of the root-torn rock face,
Where the breeze
Rolls over the treetops
Like waves over sand at the seashore;
I live in a place
People can only dream of
And hope to see one day.
fifty writing prompts1. honeydew eyes and your sweet, childish smile.fifty writing prompts2 years ago in Articles & Interviews More Like This
2. do broken people ever get tired of being broken?
3. let's run away and never look back, at every risk of being found.
4. splashing lake water with numbing feet.
5. mother birds will abandon their kin if they smell a human has touched them.
6. i wish that some people didn't have to die young.
7. where am i today, because i am not here.
8. have you ever literally stopped to smell the roses?
9. deer are surprisingly friendly toward strangers.
10. forever is simply not long enough.
11. i wish i could take a picture every time i blinked.
12. you were right.
13. hot soup in cold we
Fallen AngelFallen Angel9 years ago in Traditional Fixed Forms More Like This
Crawling in my forlorn appearance
I hide my soul behind these tattered wings
Tattered and broken as they are
Plucked of light, stained in tears and blood.
In quiet despair upon the cold earth
Smeared in dirt I crouch upon my weary knees
And clutched timidly between my fingers
Rests one last jewel of Hope.
A single unblemished plume plucked
From the silver light of dawn
A feathered ray of light from beyond
To illuminate the void that has me bound.
This precious barb of silk
Once lost as I was and forgotten
Blazes now to immerse me in radiant bliss
To wash away the pain, draw me from the abyss.
So now I fade away…