The one good thing about winter? Snow for cosplay photos! I haven't really had the chance to get good shots of Book 2 Korra yet but we did snag a few down at Lethbridge Expo outside the gate to the Japanese Gardens.
The parka was the last thing to be made for this costume and it came together in a bit of a rush since I wanted it to be ready for this particular Con. I sort of closed my eyes and started sewing, hoping it would turn out okay, and it did (for once!). It's made of lighter weight wool and the same faux fur as the butt-flap. The white bands are done with cotton interlining because it was the only thing I had in the house at the time.
Currently lining up the new projects for 2014 and I thiiiiink a certain fire-bending asshole Admiral might end up on the list. Because sideburns. And because I'm jonesing for another extremely dudely costume.
Super-huge thanks to =qlippothnet for the photos and for giving me posing advice! (Otherwise I pose like a derp...)
It is finally done! It took more time and effort than I thought for making this piece of the costume due to detail work. Aqua's Boots, the anklet armor's zippers can be unzipped and separated, same goes for the shoe too. This is to ensure a tight natural fit for the cosplayer. My girlfriend will be doing aqua soon~ and hope you guys like it as well
Practice shots with my D90. It does take a while to get use to and master a new cam. But hopefully I'll manage to learn everything about it and then get back to behind the cam instead of being in front.
Original shots taken by Mike Vickers, post-processing by mel ell. This was my first time editing photos in Photoshop and it was a whole of fun. I learned about noise reduction and sharpening and changing light colors. They might be a bit overworked but I had a great time working on them and taking them with Mike. Hope you guys like them too!
MV Photography (Facebook): [link] MV Photo Arts (Web): [link]
The costume includes color changing LEDs on the spine and front that are controlled by an Arduino microcontroller and onboard RGB controllers (respectively), and is powered by 16 AA batteries, two 2032 coin cells, and one 9-volt battery. In total there's more than 70 LED's on the entire costume
I was finally able to take some new pictures of my Krieg Psycho mask. I have improved so much in the casting and painting process over the past year the old pics just weren't cutting it. This mask is resin cast and hand painted with acrylics.
You can see more of my prop builds on my Facebook page here www.facebook.com/Stevenksmithprops