Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Similar Deviations
Starting from 25th result Go to first result
Making of incoming :)
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.

This WE was a great experience for me! I've spent 2 days in costume, at Meung sur Loire, a beautiful Castle, (both medieval and from the18th century). This is the only photo I have for the moment :)

While people were visiting the castle, we were dancing, and playing like during the 18th century. we were free to move as we wished and sit behind those symbolic red cords. A unique experience!

Left: Me
Dress: Me
Right: Aerynriesling
Dress: Aerynriesling
Pic: Fanny
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.

This one took a while between start and finish. I had started it when I got the Clamp order, so it was kinda put on hold.

I'm happy with the turn out, and it's becoming easier and easier to make these. This one is faux silk in that awesome sage green with shiny gold trim. The idea here was "at the end of the rainbow", if you will...you know, lucky...^^;

Yeah, okay...but it still turned out well. Hee hee

Enjoy!
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.

Follow my costuming & make-up on Facebook - [link].
I designed this costume for Kota Wade's ([link]) Music video "A Better World" For her band Bad Wolf [link]. You can watch the video and read about the costume I made for it here on my website - [link]. Grecian Ice Goddess detail of lace and crystal. They wanted a lot of movement in the sleeves. I used 7 yards of chiffon in the sleeves alone. Once we were on set and the fans were blowing she looked utterly magical!
Matching Accessories -
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.

...
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.

It's finally finished! This dress was constructed using patterns from "Patterns of Fashion 2." It took over 100 sheets of paper to scale up and print out all the patterns needed, and still required some custom patterns for certain pieces. Underneath is a corset, chemise, bustle, and petticoat. Undergarment yardage is about 6 yards or so, with about 14 yards of fabric or so in the actual dress. The best part? The striped material is from Walmart of all places for just $2/yard. Awesome! Everything was made by me, including the pleated trim (all 27 feet of it) and bias tape trim (all 40 feet of it). Fabric involved include gold silk taffeta, navy broadcloth and unbleached muslin for lining, navy blue satin, and some good 'ol Walmart mystery fabric.
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.

:)
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.

Follow my costuming & make-up on Facebook - [link]

Firefly Path Seamstresses made three of these Beauty and the Beast Belle Ball Gowns this month each a little different from one another in fabric and notions ensuring that customers truly have a "one of a kind"
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.

I first saw the movie "The Fall" thanks to my friend :iconcipriocinedo: and I fell in love with the costumes *O* they are so amazing...but then again, Eiko Ishioka was a genie with the most amazing creativity so no big surprise there XD
Anyway, with :iconcipriocinedo: we were planning on making a duo and since his dress was ready for last week's Sigurtà cosplay event I did my best to finish this version of Sister Evelyn in time :)
I had the bust ready since some time before but I lacked the skirt...which in the end turned out awfull since I couldn't buy enough and the dye didn't really take hold ==;; I'll make it again as soon as I have time, but for now I'm sort of happy with the result especially because I love the bust so much XD

So, the making of this dress took about two weeks mostly for the painting XD the lace I bought was optical white, while the original was liliac-violet, in different shades depending on the position. So, after assembling the bust I hand painted it with acrylic colours, starting with a very water-added acrylic so to make the pale liliac, then added a second hand of less water-added one to the contourns and veins of the flowers, and two final layers of stright acrylic to the contourns only as they were the brighter ones on the original. I assembled this lace layer on a skin-colored coutil base that sported four steel bones to keep the shape :)
I couldn't catch sight of the back from the movie so I decided to add a thick violet ribbon as a slight accent:thumbsup:
The original bust was decorated with fabric flowers of the same fabric but, frankly speaking, I didn't want to buy more fabric than strictly necessary (it was 20€/mt...), so I painted the 29 flowers that I could form from the remains of the bust and then added some fabric ones I found in a shop that sells party decorations XD the color was so similar!! I'm happy with the result :)
The flowers are darker on the inside and white on the contourn, and it took quite some pain to avoid staining it =_=; but it was...sort of fun? An interesting experience nevertheless XXXDD
The original skirt has a slit on the front from where the gatherning at the hips starts, but I was a bit tight on budget so I went for a straight half circle loosely gathered on the hips. The dye didn't really take hold to the upper part is only a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery light shade of liliac, I really, REALLY need to make it better XD

I have two other of Sister Evelyn's dresses on the queue, but they are SO complicated that I have no idea when I'll get around to make them...even if I really want to XD

Original design: Eiko Ishioka
Original design reference: onedelightfulday.files.wordpre…
Dress making&coloring: me XD
Photo & very poor editing: me XD
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.

Dress: Me:
Model: Me
Fabric: Reproduced by me in Photoshop yeahhh!
Show
Add a Comment:
 
No comments have been added yet.