About the colouring in Grell's tutorial: It isn't completely right. His eyes don't have the double irises that shinigami eyes have there, so please use any reaper (except Grell) as reference for your colouring.
I made this for myself really. It's a lot easier to have all references in the same place, saves a lot of time and frustration n__n
Remember, this is how I draw their eyes. It's not necessarily the right way.
I Like to keep my tutorials clean and more step-by-step like, so here are some tips I didn't put on the picture!
1. The shape. - Have you noticed how most of the kuroshitsuji male eyes are sharp with a lot of edges while female eyes are soft and round? Grell's are neither! They have a little bit of sharpness but the shape is mostly round, more like an almond actually. This adds to his feminine looks.
2. Grell's Eyebrows - Even though Grell smiles, his eyebrows are always bent as if he's concerned or sad. This, along with the sharp teeth, are Grell-signatures, and remembering to draw these things will help your character look like Grell.
3. Grell <3 False Lashes - Go crazy with the lashes! As seen in the anime, Grell likes to wear make-up and false eyelashes, so go ahead and make the lines a little thicker and add a lot of lashes!
4. The glasses - Grell's glasses are NOT rectangular, but slightly triangular. Remember to draw the little "holder"-things at the nose. The frames do NOT connect with the middle or the bottom of the glasses, but almost at the top. To add glass to the glasses you can put a thin layer of white with the Airbrush. Don't forget to add the little charm he wears on his glasses.
I use Paint tool SAI, but you should be able to recreate these steps in any programme.
A complete list of all the weaponry used in the Kuroshitsuji anime, OVA and musicals. Intended to be used as a resource for fan authors, as well as a complement to my other Kuroshitsuji fan fiction tutorials.
As with the other tutorials, this one is also in PDF format. Please hit the download button at the right to download the tutorial.
I am aware that there are one or two things missing out of the list. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a note.
Well, everyone asks me for tutorials, so I thought I'd try a simple one for short hair. While I did my last artwork, I took screenshots as I went to try and illustrate what I do. It might not be the best way, but I tried! lol. Hope I explained things ok
If people like this one, I might do a more involved tutorial on long hair.
This is the third installment in my Kuroshitsuji fan fiction tutorial series! As always, hit the little download button on the right to download it. This tutorial is in PDF format. This particular tutorial is a little over 23,000 words long.
In this tutorial, I cover the following:
- Punctuation - Grammar - Capitalization - Pluralization - Vocabulary (including confusing words and some Kuroshitsuji terminology) - Dialogue - Emphasis - Canon Fumbles - Titles (for both nobility and household workers) - Choosing a Host - Formatting
... and more!
Hopefully this will help you guys out a bit. Let me know if there's anything I missed!
How to Write Kuroshitsuji Fan Fiction: Eric & Alan Format: PDF Word Count: 29,514 Pages: 73
There is an art section. However, this is primarily a writing tutorial. Sorry, I hate doing art tutorials. However, the larger-than-average file size is primarily due to the images from that first section.
This is a PDF. You will need a PDF reader, such as Adobe Acrobat or FoxIt in order to view this tutorial! Both are available for free online. Google is your friend.
After two weeks of hard work, I present to you a compilation tutorial about Eric Slingby and Alan Humphries, two memorable shinigami from the second Kuroshitsuji musical.
Eric and Alan are characters that are frequently overlooked. I feel that they deserve a little more respect. After a number of requests for just such a tutorial, I decided to put one together. This particular guide covers:
- Personalities - Dialogue - Interactions - Do's and Don'ts for the pairing, story writing and each character - How to draw Eric and Alan
I hope you'll find it useful! Many, many thanks to the people who helped me out by checking facts or reading over various segments of this tutorial. Let me know what you think!