Writing PromptsFull Prompts/First Lines:Writing Prompts2 years ago in Writing More Like This
- A single gunshot in a smoky bar was what started it all.
- If I hadn't seen it for myself, I never would have believed it.
- It was raining when she left the house.
- He remembered riding down this street with his father only a year or so ago.
- She pressed a hand to her heart, digging her nails into her chest as if it would ease the pain.
- Jack had a gun pointed at her forehead and a dark look on his face.
- Whatever it was, it was going to kill him.
- There was nothing so tempting as a locked door.
- She clutched the phone and tried to calm down as the doctor continued his explanation.
- He hated flying.
- Brooke was running late and had gotten halfway to work before she realized she had left her report on the kitchen counter.
- Her cell phone rang for the seventeenth time that morning, and she was tempted to launch the gadget straight into the Pacific ocean.
- If Jason hadn't spilled his coffee on the subway, the mugger would have gotten away.