I got her done a couple weeks ago actually but I wanted to submit this pic to DA at the same time I did Young Luna but I haven't finished Young Luna and now I am thinking of redoing her hair sculpt so I'll just release Celestia now.
Sadly I will have to go into I'm-my-own-worst-critic mode right now.
I am not all that satisfied with how this girl turned out. The white paint is kinda gloppy and creates a rough unnecessary texture that I don't like. The lining on the eyes is also kinda choppy and although her mane is done well, I am starting to not like my choice of mane style for young Celestia and I have actually changed her hairstyle for my Age of the Alicorns: Chaos Rising fanart. She'll have this style for the Ask Accord blog though and anything else that takes place before the events of Chaos Rising. But for the most part, this is heavily based on my design for a younger Celestia as I depict her in said fanfiction.
I do however much like the gold effect on her anklets and collar, that turned out beautiful and the anklets look great. The tail is nicely done also and the pink paint worked well. All in all I guess it's an okay custom, but that white paint isn't working to well for me anymore and I need to change Celestia's mane style.
Her mane, tail, and collar were sculpted with Sculpey III oven-bake clay and her anklets are made out of Apoxie Sculpt which I had to shape around her feet and let harden. After they were fully cured in one day, I sanded them down to the right shape which took a while but they ended up looking very good and the paint job turned out great too. Painting was no small task and I still can't get her darn cutie mark right. Her horn is from the fully-molded plastic pink Celestia that came in that five-character gift pack a while back. I used a bigger horn cuz I depict Celestia with one since she's an alicorn and in my headcanon, alicorns grow their horns faster and longer than unicorns do.
Well that's all I have to say. I'm not that impressed with her but I hope you guys all are.
My ongoing project since Christmas! I will have individual "turn around" style pictures uploaded later this weekend! Fear not! For now, please visit my auctions if you'd like to see more images. Thank you for your time~
Well this has been done for far too long but computer issues kept me from being able to upload the final custom pic. But here she is now, custom Celestia, and I must say the best custom pony I have made yet!!
Unlike most of the time I used no clay for her, just Apoxie sculpt. But first I cut her doll hair and painted her white and the anklets, collar and crown gold and her cutie mark and eyes. She was covered entirely in paint. No more pink. Next was using some Apoxie sculpt to make the tail and mane which was a real challenge due to the shape of them and having to keep them propped up while hardening. When they were finally hardened, there were a lot of wrinkles and stuff but I used my dremel to sand them off and make them smooth. Also, when I let them harden, I kept them attached to her head and rear so that the tail would be the right distance above the ground (although it doesn't actually touch it but that's okay with me) and so the mane would fit on her head when I was ready to glue it on. I had to put plastic wrap on her head though cuz the Apoxie would harden and stick to her and I wanted to paint the hair separate. Next of course was painting them both and then attaching them with super glue and then sealing her entirely with Mod Podge. I also forgot to mention that I removed her regular horn as it was too short and dull and replaced it with a longer and sharper one made out of Apoxie.
Yeah, I'm pretty amazed at how I pulled this off with my first, and so far only, custom Princess Celestia! I'll certainly try it again and put her up for an auction on eBay. She'll be expensive if I do though so prepare yourself if you wanna purchase one.
One last thing is that her crown is in fact removable. I shaved off part of the 2 back parts that curl around under her ears cuz putting it on would have been tighter and therefore caused paint scratches. She has a carving in her mane right behind where the crown is that was originally meant to accommodate space for the crown but it ended up not needing that. Her collar on the other hand is glued permanently.
Got Shining Armor done! I'm really pleased with how he turned out and the hooves were tough to paint but they turned out good! The tail is a bit big but it's shaped just right. I feel like making an armored version and a wedding version someday and knowing me I probably will. When I get the time I'll do Cadance to go along with him.