Finally! Twilight as Starswirl the bearded is complete! I had a number of setbacks for her, not the least of which was waiting for fabric to arrive for her. Her hat and cape are minky lined with cotton, and the bells on the hat and cape are jingly brass. The beard is attached to the hat, and is made out of rosebud minky (which produces an AWFUL lot of fluff when cut!!). I'm very happy with how she turned out!
This is the first pony I've ever made for myself. I love her! She started out as an experiment to see if the new orange minky I found worked for AJ, and to see if I could make her mane in a different way that I liked better. Success on both counts, as far as I'm concerned. What do you guys think?
I'm going to make all of the main Apple family for myself in filly size, now
Finally got her finished! This is the Daring Do commissioned by , and a project I've been thinking about since I started making ponies! I tried something new with the RD/Daring Do mane, and I like the result. It's so poofy that it's hard to put her hat on over it, though! Her hat is made of minky and fleece with cotton accents - the brim is stiffened with a cardboard insert. Her shirt is made of minky, lined with cotton, and removable with velcro.
A quick RD while I wasn't doing other things. I tried to make her hair spikier, like it is when she's a filly. I don't really like Rainbow Dash, but I love this plush! The colors are so vibrant, and she's so soft. And her face just makes me want to squish the pudding out of her. The colors in the top right picture are most accurate - I tried some different settings on my camera to try and make the best of the little lighting I had
Surprise! I was feeling kind of stagnant (not having made any new patterns recently), so I decided I'd try making a sitting pattern! I was really surprised that it mostly worked on the first try - usually I have to change things a million times before it looks close to what I want. With this one, though, I tested it on black minky...and it was pretty good! So I turned it into a chibi sitting Chrysalis, aiming for a more mature look than my fillies, but a more chibi look than the mares. The proportions are quite a bit longer than my filly pattern, but for reference, the head is about the same size. She is 11" tall to the top of her head (28cm) and 16" to the top of her horn (41cm).
I didn't put holes in her legs because, in my opinion, the holes really don't work on plushes. I've tried them a few times, and I've looked at how others have done them but they always just make the legs lumpy and misshapen. I hate them and I think she looks better without (in plush form, at least) so I don't do them.
I still have to make some changes to the pattern if I want to use it regularly - the haunches need to be a bit bigger, the butt a titch rounder, and the hind feet a tad shorter. Sitting patterns are so much more difficult than standing patterns!
I decided to make a Lyra for the second test of my sitting pattern! I think I've got the body pretty well worked out at this point - and now with this plush, I know where to position the CMs on a sitting plush's flanks. I really like making plushes with interesting expressions, so I decided to go with determined/feisty for Lyra. Only after making her did I realize that I want to sell her, and not everyone is going to like the expression I chose I'm very happy with how she turned out, though! She looks like she'll rebuff all ruffians. She's about 11" to the top of her head, made out of high-quality minky and polyester fiberfill.
The first of my new commissions - a Fleur de Lis for , who has been trying to get one for ages! I was asked to make a small plush, but in the style of an adult, so I compromised and made a 'teen-ish' Fleur. Her legs and neck aren't quite as long proportionally as adult Fleur, but she retains the adult face shape, eyes and hairstyle. She was a fun little challenge