This is from some of the very best photographers I've worked with, and I absolutely love this picture. Please notice this image is property of authors, and it's under creative commons license: you may only share it as it is, with full credits as following.
UPDATED July, 23, 2013: I've decided to sell my Chieftain Headdress. It pains me that it has been kept stored neatly away in a box for many years, since I have no where to display or wear it - I just don't have the space.
I love working with mixed media, especially leather, feathers, beading, knitting and fur...
This is one of my American Indian pieces. The Chieftain Headdress was made with the following:
- Hand-tied red felt and Goose feathers, colored to be simulated Bald Eagle feathers (real Eagle not allowed by US Federal Law), with smaller Game Bird feathers for accents at the bases, and attached to the Headdress with leather loops.
- Leather skull cap, with a real Turkey Tail Feather in the center (not shown in this view) back of the cap. Down the back of the Headdress includes a three foot red felt "trailer" with dual rows of Goose feathers, colored to be simulated Golden Eagle feathers (real Eagle not allowed by US Federal Law) - partially seen in this photo,
- Hand-beaded (my design) loomed Headband across the front,
- Side decorative strips anchored to the Headband assembly with large Abalone disks and includes Beaver fur strips with red felt trailers and black Hair Pipe long beads, and colored Pony glass beads.
I designed and produced this Indian Chieftain Headdress with no particular Native American tribe in mind, so it does not follow any certain tribe, nor was it intended to.
This Headdress took me over a month to hand-make and assemble and a lot of love and patience.
It involved wrapping each feather, hand-cutting and making the leather skull-cap and the felt back trailer, and then attaching each feather individually to the cap and back trailer. Then producing the Headband design and hand bead looming the beadwork, and hand sewing the Headband and decorative beadwork and beaver fur strips to the sides.
Stay tuned about Somnia on Facebook [link] Somnia Webshop on Etsy [link]
First result of the first 2013 shoot This shoot was an initiative by Tamar, the model. She was looking for a shoot in dark and elegant, Victorian beauty style. I made the outfit to fit the theme. I love this first result!
The outfit consists of: * a satin underskirt * a lace skirt * a lace overskirt * a lace blouse with lycra lining, with seams based on a 1867 victorian pattern
"How do you stalk a deer with a hat? What are you going to do, throw it? Some sort of death frisbee? It's got flaps. Ear flaps. It's an ear hat, John! "
Well, whatever their use is, they make some adorable little earrings!
These little death frisbees are approx. 1cm x 1.5cm each and are attached to sterling silver earring hooks. They are hand-made by me from polymer clay, painted with acrylics and then covered with a layer of gloss for protection and finish.
Construction: All you need is the template [link] a pair of scissors and some glue Watch out! His hat and scarf are on another template due to space issues [link] (the other pieces belong to the 7th Doctor)
- attach the scarf before you glue on the head - should you have questions, just ask
check my journal [link] for this templates, many more DC Comics, Marvel Comics and Doctor Who Paperdolls, as well as tipps and tutorials
It's been several weeks that I've discovered polymer clay, and of course, my first test was something realted on Sherlock Holmes... But I'm gonna submit this one latter. After five or six sculpting test, I wanted to do some other stuff related to Sherlock Holmes and here they are ! A brooch directly inspired by the one in The Reichenbach Fall and an my first Sherlock as Benedict Cumberbatch in polymer clay. I hope you'll enjoyed both of them ! About the size, the brooch is about 4 cm long including the handle.
Doctor Who Paperdolls 1st Doctor - William Hartnell
Construction: All you need is the template [link] ,a pair of scissors and some glue.
- I cut away the front part of the hair because of personal preference, feel free to leave it or cut it as well. - The cane is a last minute addition and does not exist on the template. - I drew the wrinkles on with a pencil, whether you do this or not is your choice
check my journal [link] for this templates, many more DC Comics, Marvel Comics and Doctor Who Paperdolls, as well as tips and tutorials