I wanted to create a toxic/lovecraftian pair of wings to match with my friend's neon green hairfalls, and this is the result. Bright green and black, with translucent 'talons' and eyes that glow in the dark.
These are carnivorous... they apparently like to eat other wings.
I have created a second pair in this design because I liked these too much to sell them; Pair 2 has an additional set of eyes instead of teeth near the base.
Lots of work went into this one, and I did not only the suit but also the outfit (which I was given artistic liberty on) this is a 3/4 suit, the body is pants with padded legs and attached tail with both belt loops and built in suspenders.
This uses a rare fur, no longer made, and I had just BARELY enough to get this done, I fretted about the ammount of fur for ages, thankfully I had enough.
Please keep in mind that the suit legs look VERY baggy because the model is not the same size as the customer.
The dreads have a touch of bird grit (ie cleaned sand) in the very tips, the bottom 6 inches is filled with foam beanbag pellets, and the rest is stuffing, this way the dreads swing and swish and are very lively <3
This big gal is getting mailed off to Canada soon
EDIT: 7/16/2012 RIP our dogs: All four of my sister's dogs, the ones seen in our videos, were killed in an instant in a hit and run which also broke my sister's leg and severed her boyfriend's leg (he is modeling this costume) along with breaking his pelvis. full info here [link]
EDIT: 7/29/2012 ... we lost Hari... he died in the hospital...
Most complicated animal ears I have recreated, just look at those ridged swirls of fur! Took ages to do! Mapped out the ridges so they'd be symmetrical, glued down a strip of fake fur with the fibers pointing where they need to go, gelled the fibers with clear acrylic paint so they would stay put and look bristly since the fur in their ears is very bristly looking, airbrush work and hand painted markings...
Took a full day to make em but they sure did turn out nice, nice enough to share on their own before I make the rest.
B Says: I made the wings themselves but the Talented Skaros Made the mechanism and programming! I still need some time to built another portion of the controlls and do some stuff to hide the rig (easypeasy) but overall the mechanical parts of this are FINISHED. [link]
GO TO HIS PAGE! Look at his STUFF! The guy is amazeing and I hope to do further projects with him in the future.
Skaros Says: "This is a collaboration for an animated / animatronic rig for a pair of moth wings made by Artsquish! @ artsquish.deviantart.com
She originally made the wings to be articulated by moving her arms. I made the current rig that articulates the wings WITHOUT having to move your arms.
This was just a dry test to see how the wings would move and behave. I'll post another video when the costume is complete and ready to go!"'
I draped the pattern for this dress myself. The main fabric is a textured stretchy fabric in a cream color. The lining is a plain cream cotton voile. The dress is fully lined and all seams serged. I hand stitched on the ruffle on the neckline. The back is shirred, so it's elastic and comfy to wear!