Well she's been 6 months to a year in the making. I have had her shelved for such a long time, because her hair was almost impossible to get out of her head. But recently I made the decision to finish her, instead of keeping a half-painted, hairless, headless Celestia on my bookcase. I'm so damn happy she's finally done.
Ive had her in the works for ages now, and she's finally finished!!!
Her hair was a nightmare to style. I ended up having to superglue extra bits of hair in places to make it look fuller. But overall in pretty happy, and have an idea on how to do it, if i had to make her again
So a note to anyone looking to do their first custom, steer away from Vinyl for a little while
Edit: changed the 3rd picture, as it was just too similar to the first big image.
Painted with acrylics, sealed with Mod Podge. Haired with Water Nixie and Blueberry Muffin from Dolly Hair. www.dollyhair.com/nylonhair.ht... <-- these colours ARE blue, my desk lamp has a yellow tint to it, which made the hair look a bit green in these pics. I tried to fix it in photoshop as much as possible, without physically manipulating the photo
I cant make flicky hair to save my life, So her hair is kinda flat. (This is why my fluttershy failed. Crazy curls are so much easier XD )