5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 11) He scratches his sideburns when he's shy or nervous.
2) Whenever he takes a drink from his soda can, he sips the lid to make sure there's no left over soda.
3) He never knew how to do his own ties correctly
4) He cannot wink or rarely can, nor can he roll his eyes. He moves his head to roll his eyes. He either blinks both eyes (and he uses his whole face) or he doesn't blink them at all and gets embarrassed.
5) When he makes a funny joke and knows it, he ducks his head a little and smiles at his accomplishment.
5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 61) John's favorite cats were the Russian Blue, even though there wasn't a cat he didn't love.5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 62 years ago in Emotional More Like This
2) The people John drew weren't just spurts of creativity; his drawings were a reflection of how he perceived people, animals, and the world all around him.
3) John called Yoko "mother" because she was one of the few people who could make him feel slightly open (like a child), and he never got the chance to truly have a mother since Julia died only a couple years after being in her life again. Also, it is known that John was a vulnerable child inside who feared the pain the world slapped on him since the age of 5 and wanted that safe, loving feeling…
4) The only times you could see John open was when he was with animals and children. John especially loved children because he, of course, was still a child inside. You can see he's always shy around them when he first mees them, but they come to love him and have fun with him. John was very o
5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 21) John always had good posture. He rarely slouched.5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 22 years ago in Emotional More Like This
2) John chipped his teeth like hell when he was younger, but (in my opinion) are still in great condition.
3) John's favorite clothes to wear were white and black, however, he did like the psychedelic, flowery-looking clothes. He also liked green, but didn't wear it too often.
4) John had a small mouth, so he ate slowly and in small bites. He also notoriously used napkins (he was really annoyed during the Ticket To Ride recording where they had NO napkins for the fish and chips).
5) John took showers every single day and often a few times a day because he never liked being dirty.
5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 41) John could not cook except for vegetables and was a good baker. He was very proud of his ability to make bread and enjoyed making all the variations.5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 42 years ago in Emotional More Like This
2) John did not like mopping, washing dishes, sweeping, and he hated scrubbing. John often felt embarrassed that he could not do too much house work, so instead vacuumed when it was needed.
3) John loved buying gifts for people. He often went on shopping sprees and brought home armfuls of presents for Cyn and Julian.
4) John loved the saxophone and often put it in is songs when he went solo. John also loved jazz.
5) When John met Chuck Berry (the singer of Johnny B. Goode), he fanboyed over him. It was his dream to play with his "hero," and on the Mike Douglas show he could barely contain his excitement (this is apparent when he and Chuck go back on stage to sing again after a short interview where he says "let's do it again!" and skips).
5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 51) John was impatient when it came to waiting for food to be prepared. He couldn't stand how much time it took to make it.5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 52 years ago in Reviews & Guides More Like This
2) John was a coca-cola addict. He could drink up to 7+ cokes a day. In general he drank a lot of fluids.
3) John had a great sense of fashion, even though he was shy about it. He felt his huge taste in clothes fashion made him seem very feminine and never admitted it. The only thing he could not coordinate together were his shoes.
4) John was attracted to shy, slightly pudgy girls. He also loved blonde hair and blue eyes. Whenever he was attracted to a girl, he would tease them a little more, do everything he could to impress them, and play romantic music when they walked by.
5) John chronically hallucinated, which scared him a lot as a child because his hallucinations were very vivid. John later became addicted to LSD because the drug made him feel normal about his hallucinations.
5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 81) According to most of the people who knew John Lennon, he was a very nice person, very down to earth, and even an “angel,” but had a bad temper. His temper was even more fierce whenever he was drunk, but there was also a very sad, vulnerable side that came out as well.5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 82 years ago in Emotional More Like This
2) If you listen to John’s home demos of his songs, you’ll notice most of them are actually soft, sweet, and casual. John would often compose his music at a slower tempo, much like Revolution I, but the studio would urge him to make the song rockier and grittier due to his voice.
3) John once made a guest appearance on a television show and asked to be paid in chocolate olivers, his favorite treat. He was given 1000 cans of chocolate olivers.
4) John was the last of the 4 Beatles to get his license at age 24. His eyesight was so horrendous he could barely drive. It’s thought he actually obtained his license by paying the driving teacher
5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 31) John was always afraid of the dark. As a little boy he would sing himself to sleep, have the door cracked for light, or snuggle up with his teddy bear.5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 32 years ago in Emotional More Like This
2) John loved animals, but even more so with cats. John's aunt, Mimi, always owned cats. At one point in his life John owned 10+ cats. He was always gentle with animals and couldn't resist them (this was especially apparent when he found strays or someone would bring some into work, making him say "No no! Don't show me them!" because he knew he would give in and adopt them).
3) John did not care for potato chips (crisps), bbq ribs, sometimes hamburgers, or any finger foods because he could not eat i without using napkins. The only food he didn't seem to mind eating with his fingers were french fries (chips).
4) John loved super heroes, especially Superman. He was so excited to wear the Superman shirt doing the photo shoot in 1966. He owned Superman things, but ra
5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 71. John played Pong in 1975 when videogames just came out. He thought the game was a little simple, but still loved the new technology.5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 72 years ago in Emotional More Like This
2. John was jealous of Paul McCartney in many ways. He was always jealous that Paul was “the cute Beatle” and didn’t like his “bird nose,” he was jealous of Paul’s smooth voice and ability to sing falsetto (which he tried to a few times, but it was hard because of his naturally raspy voice), he was jealous of Paul’s Yesterday and often got annoyed whenever people would mistake as his song, and he (in many ways) wished he could’ve been much like Paul, but had that reputation as a bad boy.
3. John loved Ringo more than anything. Often times, he described Ringo as being the kindest, most wonderful person he had ever known, and Ringo would say likewise, saying John put his heart on his sleeves.
4. John was sensitive about his butt being touched. There’s no
5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 91) John’s nose would squeak every time he breathed air really sharply through his nose. Without making sounds with his throat or plugging his nose, John would breathe in or out of his nose really sharply and it would make a cute, high-pitched squeak. This is probably due to the fact it’s an aquiline nose and he has a bump on the bridge of it.5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 92 years ago in Historical More Like This
2) Although John and Paul McCartney were extremely close during The Beatles, and John loved Yoko Ono with all his heart, the person who was probably caught most of his affection was his old friend Stuart Sutcliffe. Stu was a short, artistic, and feminine man whom John would constantly write letters to, whether they be 10 pages long or a paragraph long. John might have developed a small crush on his friend and was deeply caring and protective of him.
3) John often times sleeps in the fetal position with his legs slightly curled up and on his side. This position is supposed to reveal a gent
5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 111) If John Lennon had survived his gunshot wounds, he would still have been in tremendous pain and most likely died 5-10 years later from liver failure due to the incredible amounts of drugs and alcohol he had consumed in his life. He would've suffered irregular heart beating, causing his heart to beat quickly or very slowly, causing heavy amounts of pain. He would occasionally get a dead leg because the nerves in his back are pretty much destroyed. His left shoulder would always hurt every single day from the hole left in it. His kidneys would also hurt as well as his liver from the drugs and alcohol. He would feel the pain from his shoulder shoot throughout his back, left arm and even down to his leg. He would not be able to walk fast and would never be able to walk for long because of his shortness of breath due to the bullet wound and his heart beating too painfully for him to move around too much. His immune system would also probabl5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 112 years ago in Emotional More Like This
5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 101) Even though Cynthia Lennon/Powell's book, John, says they had sex once in Stuart Sutcliffe's flat, they actually had sex twice: the first time was outside behind Ye Cracke (The Crack) and the second time was in Stu's flat (but of course she'd be too shy to say that).5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 102 years ago in Emotional More Like This
2) John found black lingerie very attractive. He liked the baby doll lingerie that wasn't too see-through or complex, but he loved changing it up all the time.
3) John never liked to live in one place more than 15 years (which he probably got from his mum). Even when John was living at the Dakota with Yoko and Sean, he kept bringing up how he wanted to move someplace else.
4) Many don't know the reason why John seemed heartless to Cynthia when she found him and Yoko in bed together. Apparently, John had a friend named Alexis Mardes (or known as Magic Alex) who was once on good terms with the singer, but John didn't know that he had an interest in his wife, Cynthia. One day, John had heard a rumor that Cyn was sl
5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 121) In the song A Day In The Life when John Lennon was singing “I read the news today, oh boy, about a lucky man who made the grade. And though the news was rather sad, well I just had to laugh. I saw the photograph: he blew his mind out in a car. He didn’t notice the lights had changed. A crowd of people stood and stared. They’d seen his face before. Nobody was sure if he was from the house of lords” he was actually lamenting the death of his friend Tara Browne, who was the heir to the Guinness fortune, but died in a car accident in 1966. He was either under the influence of drugs or alcohol and driving at a high speed when he run through a stop light and collided with another car. Though John knew him very briefly, he still had to laugh at the bitter irony of his bad luck on those around him.5 Observations About John Lennon pt. 121 year ago in Emotional More Like This
2) The song Come Together was about all four of them, John, George, Paul, and Ringo. The first verse was
5 Observations About Ringo Starr1) Although Ringo is probably one of the sweetest Beatles out of the group, even he cheated on Maureen (though the least out of all the Beatles). Mo even interrogated one of the girls and asked her directly if she had slept with her husband. When she affirmed she had, Mo glared at Ringo and said “Thank you….at least someone was honest with me.”5 Observations About Ringo Starr2 years ago in Emotional More Like This
2) Ringo had an inferiority complex, low self-esteem, and even attempted suicide at one point with a shaving razor while he was drunk. Maureen would constantly have to reassure him that she loved him still. Ringo was sensitive about his popularity, his height, his beauty, everything.
3) Ringo was deathly ill as a child. He practically lived in the hospital because he would nearly die of some illness, and he had multiple allergies. Over his lifetime he’s had peritonitis, pleurisy, appendicitis and tonsillitis. Because he was in the hospital all the way unti
5 Observations About George Harrison1) George had a huge infatuation with Ringo’s late wife, Maureen. Unfortunately, George would tell Ringo aloud that he loved his wife, and Ringo would try to be a good friend and say “better you than someone else.” Maureen was nervous about George openly hitting on her. George was the kind of person where if he was infatuated with someone he didn’t have any boundaries.5 Observations About George Harrison2 years ago in Emotional More Like This
2) Both John and George were scared to go to the dentist, so after every visit they’d buy presents for each other.
3) George’s birthday was not on the February 25th, even though he believed it was and most people still believe it is and celebrate it on that day. He was actually born at 11:50 pm on February 24th, 1943. When he found out years later he apologized to everyone.
4) Everyone knows that Pattie Boyd fell in love with Eric Clapton and married him over George, but what most don’t know is that the reason why she fell in
5 Observations About Paul McCartney1) Paul was a very feminine guy even though he sometimes tried to appear more manly. Often times he kept his legs close together, when he was drunk he’d almost flirt with the guys in the gay bars that they went to, and at one point while being married to Linda, Paul put on her clothes, did his makeup, and said to myself that he would make a pretty woman.5 Observations About Paul McCartney2 years ago in Emotional More Like This
2) Although Paul is a kind-hearted person and is known for his happy, bubbly nature, he was also cheated on his girlfriends just as much as John Lennon. In fact, wasn’t the cute sweet lover most people thought him to be until Linda softened him up. It was his face that made people assume Paul was more of an angel and John was more of a devil. Both were equally bad and good in different ways. According to Francie Schwartz, and old girlfriend of Paul’s while he was also engaged to Jane Asher, there was an event in which Paul was in a bad mood and not opening his fanmail while Jo
Any Time At All Chapter OneAny Time At All Chapter One3 years ago in General Fiction More Like This
The four boys stood on the corner, huddled together to avoid the winter wind that was slipping through their jackets. George shifted from one foot to the other, hiding behind John to block the wind. He felt his nose begin to drip, and he wiped it hastily on his sleeve. He was so cold, he couldn't believe it. January in America was just so freezing; he liked Britain better. All he wanted to do was get inside and wrap up in a blanket on the couch. He coughed harshly as a tickle in the back of his throat grew up a bit. He bent into the crook of his elbow and coughed until the tickle went away. It didn't go away completely, but enough that he wouldn't have to cough again.
They had been posing for pictures for hours, and it was only getting colder as the day wore on. A headache pressed into form right above George's eyebrows as he watched the flash bulbs go off every few seconds.