Inauguration Contest: Fairy Tales!CANCELED FOR NOW, WILL BE DONE IN A FEW TIMEInauguration Contest: Fairy Tales!1 year ago in Personal More Like This
Hi there, this is a contest I open for the inauguration of my page and for let know my works with the prizes
The main theme of the contest is... Fairy Tales!
You have to submit a photography of your dolls with something related to the theme.
It can be a photohistory or just a picture, but related to any fairy tale or showing something related to them.
- 2 submission por person as maximun. They have to be done with different dolls.
- Only your own dolls are able to be in the picture.
- It has to be new and no one from your old galleries.
- You should to watch me, so you can know the news about the contest (prizes pics, dates, votes, etc) but this is not obligatory, just a suggestion.
- You have to send me a note with a link to the submission.
- You have to say in the picture descripcion why is related to fairy tales. If the reason is not valid, the picture won't be in the contest.
- You have to add a link to the contest in the descr
Wigging Out ~ :DI recently started making my own wigs for fun. I wanted to share in my enthusiastic wig making newbie-ism, so I made a ghetto-tastic tutorial on DoA. I encourage you to try it, even if you're scared. It's a lot of fun (if you don't mind being mildly frustrated by glue) and not that hard.Wigging Out ~ :D8 months ago in Personal More Like This
Even if you don't have extra Angora mohair handy, you can practice by chopping off the hair from an old unwanted wig. And for the wig cap you'll need nude stockings, which run pretty cheap. You can get like 12 wig caps per each pair of stockings. That means lots of practice. <3
I imagine that if I can do it, with my ADD & certain lack of skills, then anyone can do it. xD
Follow the link:
NEW CONTEST: One Magical MomentThe Just-for-Dolls group is beginning a new contest for all doll types - ONE MAGICAL MOMENT. How would you portray this concept using your doll or dolls in a photograph?NEW CONTEST: One Magical Moment2 years ago in Personal More Like This
First Place: 300 dA points
Second Place: 100 dA points
Third Place: 50 dA points
1. The maximum number of submissions is three per person.
2. Photos must be of dolls only - no humans or other living beings (plants and natural landscapes are acceptable).
3. You MUST be a member of the Just-for-Dolls group to participate in the contest.
4. No crude photos will be accepted. Nudity is accepted if done in a tasteful way - remember that there are children roaming the deviantArt site, so please keep this in mind.
5. All entries must be submitted into the One Magical Moment Contest gallery folder.
6. Photo editing is permitted, provided it isn't excessive. It will be up to the judges to decide.
7. Briefly explain your interpretation of "One Magical Moment" in your description.
8. No photo collages or sto
tagggggggggggggggggged (AND AGAIN)I WAS TAGGED BY THE ALMIGHTY SDRCOWtagggggggggggggggggged (AND AGAIN)2 years ago in Personal More Like This
1. You must post the rules.
2. Each person must post five things about themselves in their journal.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create eleven new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Choose eleven people to tag and post their icons on your journal.
6. Go to their page and tell them you have tagged them.
7. No stuff like "you're tagged if you're reading this".
8. No tag-backs.
5 THINGS ABOUT ME
1. I have a blister on my second toe and I have no idea how it got there
2. I just made a cup of tea and it took me exactly 3 minutes and 20 seconds
3. I have a headache from the stormy weather ;_;
4. My Chinchilla, Bugsy is making cute sleepy noises
5. My blister on my toe is really driving me crazy. Its itchy.
STUFF SDRCOW ASKED ME
1. If you could have any vehicle, what would it be?
I'm not super into cars tbh but my last car was a Nova White Fiat 500 with red leather seats and Italian stripes down th
CONTEST!Edit: added photos for prizesCONTEST!11 months ago in Personal More Like This
January 25th is Minifee's birthday! And as it is that time of year, I thought we could hold a contest in celebration! Unfortunately, as our first it is rather small, but I hope you have fun nonetheless!
The theme of this contest is: Birthday!
Your entry must include at least one MNF, of course.
Please do not reuse your old pictures, be creative and think of something new. I will be checking submission dates.
Stick with the theme. Be creative with it though.
Please submit contest entries to the "contest" folder, and note or comment with a link to your entry.
And above all, have fun!
Subject to change. (a.k.a. I might add some later)
Chibi drawing drawing of one of your dolls (does not have to be a MNF!) from me
MNF hat and boots courtesy of :iconforevervirginia: Can be seen http://sta.sh/01ytd6ahm66r and http://sta.sh/0weo34xm0os sorry for
Win 1,000 Points - Delicious Autumn ContestThe Just for Dolls newest contest is now open to all group members with one winner taking away 1,000 deviantArt points in several weeks. What is this contest about?Win 1,000 Points - Delicious Autumn Contest1 year ago in Personal More Like This
George Eliot is the pseudonym of Mary Ann Evans (1819 – 1880), an author of books and poems. She used a man’s name when she had her works published believing she would be taken more seriously than had she been published under her own name.
One of her most famous quotes is:
“Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird, I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.”
In order to be eligible for this contest, you must photograph one or more of your dolls in a way that you believe best fits the quote. All submissions must be entered into the Delicious Autumn Contest folder no later than Friday, November 2, 2012. Entries will be accepted immediately upon this post.
1. You MUST be a member of the Just for Dolls group in order to participate.
2. You MUST expl
Online BJD Meetups! All Welcome(:Hey guys!Online BJD Meetups! All Welcome(:1 year ago in Personal More Like This
The wonderfull EmiShigeno on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/EmiShigeno) has had the fantastic idea of making online BJD Meetups on Google+ for people to talk about their dolls, post pictures, etc and just have fun! It's still a bit of a work in progress since we don't have many people interested yet and I'm super new to Google+ but if anyone is interested let me know! (Also go follow her on Youtube if you don't already, she's super friendly and has the cutest doll!)
Basically Emi lives rather far away and was having a hard time finding in-person meetups in her area, I haven't yet been to a meetup either since the closest onces to where I live still over an hour away. With Google+ we can set up chat times for a group of people who live long distances to come together and dicuss anything BJD! I believe we will be deciding times and dates for chats and posting when they will be on Facebook. Here is the link to the official BJDdoll Meetings Online created by Emi:
BJD Doll FAQBJD Doll FAQ3 years ago in Personal More Like This
Please read this if you are interested to learn more about the dolls I photograph. I dont have time to keep answering the same questions over and over again >_< I will be updating this journal entry as time goes on. Feel free to add a question in the comments section and I will try to answer it.
What are these dolls?
They are BJD - ball jointed dolls. If you search Google with those keywords you will get plenty of results with companies and other info about them. This is the Wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball-jointed_doll. Also this LJ answers some questions too http://bjd-wtf.livejournal.com/ . If you want to learn more, I would suggest Den of Angels forum (http://www.denofangels.com/forums/).
Do you make them?
No I don't make the actual doll, I don't sculpt it. I am a customizer, I paint their faceups. I am basically a makeup artist for resin dolls. You can find the link to my commission sh
Lets Get to Know JettName: Jett SavageLets Get to Know Jett1 year ago in Personal More Like This
Type: Circus Master Tedros
Body type: EID Model, mobility thigh
Skin: Real Skin (heavily greened)
Hair: Dark blue (Camilla Dynasty wig)
Eyes: Captured in Glass
Orientation: He has absolutely no damn idea anymore. Seriously.
Loves: Yevgeniy Ivanov (famous Russian adult video star)
Likes: Baking, knitting, sewing, cooking dinner for his… new.. rather odd extended family, cuddle time and fixing high performance vehicles.
Dislikes: Threats to things he holds dear, rude and disrespectful people, not being able to remember who he once was.
Personality: Lovable, kind hearted and caring but with an underlying fierce level of intensity that no one seems to understand.
Family: No direct family that he can remember or recall. Surrogate family of Russians currently make up his li
Face Up CommissionHi there! I'm excited to let everyone know that I'll start taking face up commissions for ball jointed dolls of all sizes. I will do my best to bring out the personalities and characters of your dolls.Face Up Commission2 years ago in Personal More Like This
What I use for face ups
- Mr. Super Clear Flat (UV-Cut)
- Volks ZM Make Powder Spray (UV-Cut)
- Mr. Color Paint
- Apple Barrel Paint
- PerEnamel Shimmers
- Faber-Castell Artist Water Color Pencils
- Volks ZM Make Pastels
- Artist's Loft Pastels
- Pearl Powder
- Various brushes
YoSD and smaller: $25
Eyelashes: $4 (free if you provide your own)
I do not do face up removal, please clean your doll's face up before sending them to me.
Shipping is not included in the face up prices. You are responsible for paying shipping from you to me, then the return shipping from me to you
The FAQ :: Updated 12/02/11ImportantThe FAQ :: Updated 12/02/113 years ago in Personal More Like This
Please take any questions related to buying from specific companies to the company websites, they all have Q&A boards for that specific purpose, from now on I wont be responding to such questions as I am not a company rep.
Please bare in mind that this FAQ is intended to answer questions that I get asked regularly about my own dolls. While I have been in the hobby for a few years now I can't claim to know everything there is to know about BJDs, especially when it comes to companies I have little to no personal interest in. If you do have general questions about BJDs rather than ones specific to my photography or my dolls please do a search over on DOA ( http://www.denofangels.com/forums/index.php ) first. I will attempt to answer any questions I can but please understand I never intended this as a question and answer about the hobby or doll buying in general.
If the below doesn't answer your question then please feel free to ask, but please ensure you've read the