Allison's RPG Rules, 26-52:Things Allison-Beriyani is No Longer allowed to Do in an RPG, 26-52:Allison's RPG Rules, 26-52:1 year ago in Comedy More Like This
26. Even though I made them for Candyland, cannot play a Dire Gummi Bear.
27. Actively begging the GM for a Jabberwock (minimum level 26) when the party is still only level 5 because I have a Vorpal Spoon is frowned upon by other players.
28. My halfling shoving orange halves under his shirt will not let him seduce the Gnomish engineers into building something for us. Even if I do make the Bluff check by 30 points.
29. My God is not Duck of Many Things, Htrukkuktrik the Inarticulate, anything from Discworld, Cheesus Rice, Rolap, Persnicket The Oddly Specific, Neil DeGrass Tyson, a random NPC, a random landmark, or another Player.
30. There will be no more Undead Clerics of Palor, even if they do make ideal suicide bombers.
31. My God is not The Bird, and it is not my mission to ask people if they've heard His Word.
32. When facing Priestesses of Lolth, I need more than a can of Raid and a rolled-up newspaper.
BoF: meeting at Tanabata (long read)BoF: meeting at Tanabata (long read)4 months ago in Short Stories More Like This
Holding a stick of dango, Ansel strolled his way through the festival stalls. On each stall he passed through, he considered carefully on whether if he want to spend his time or money. Shooting game. Nope, played that. Wind chime shop. Nope, bought one already. Fried squid stand... Ansel looked down on the dango in his hand, then dismissed the thought. He's no longer interested in salty food tonight. Chewing on the top white dango on the stick, Ansel walked off to the next stall in line. The next stall is a dart mini-game stand, which is something he hadn't got a chance to try out yet. He reached to throw out a few coins at the stall keeper, picked up the first red dart, aimed it at the target, ready to shoot.
Grigory continued his tour between the various boots and attractions, people at some places being more and not so much at other places. Everyone looked like having quite a lot of fun, which made teen smile as well. After all, he had mostly just watched the activities tonight. For
FamiliarsWikipediaFamiliars7 months ago in Introductions & Chapters More Like This
In European folklore and folk-belief of the Medieval and Early Modern periods, familiar spirits (sometimes referred to simply as "familiars") were supernatural entities believed to assist witches and cunning folk in their practice of magic. According to the records of the time, they would appear in numerous guises, often as an animal, but also at times as a human or humanoid figure, and were described as "clearly defined, three-dimensional… forms, vivid with colour and animated with movement and sound" by those alleging to have come into contact with them.
:iconrosediv3plz:Familiars are neither human nor are they animals
:iconrosediv3plz:They can accept a partnership with a magician/witch. Through which they get part of the magic of the mage. Being helpers and guardians in return
:iconrosediv3plz:They have four forms:
a) the normal animal form in which only the oldest can talk.
b) their human f
Allison's RPG Rules, 1-25:Things Allison-Beriyani is no longer allowed to do in an RPG 1-25:Allison's RPG Rules, 1-25:1 year ago in Comedy More Like This
1. If the GM asks me where an NPC is, the answer better not be "Right now? Mostly in my small intestine."
2. If playing a Cleric, not allowed to consecrate people, places, things or intangible concepts.
3. Not allowed to De-Consecrate them either.
4. No skirting around the GM's "NO DROW" policy by radically altering their emo personalities. As bad as the angst is, Peppy Cheerleaders, Guidos and Sheldon Cooper knockoffs are worse.
5. Not allowed to buy another player's Cursed D20.
6. Or steal it.
7. Or promise sexual favors from other players to him for it.
8. And it is most certainly not a "Star-Crossed Lover" with my Octarine percentile that always rolls in the 90's.
9. While accurate to the species, my Evils campaign Dragon needs a better overall motivation than "SWAG".
10. Not allowed to abuse jousting rules by having the Sprite ride on my head.
11. When told that we're going to be facing a gelatinous cube, I
Allison's RPG Rules 222-222. The Diplomacy skill is not for getting surprise rounds of combat. As in "it is our humble request that we find a way to peaceably and this long standing- screw it, FIREBALL!"Allison's RPG Rules 222-1 month ago in Comedy More Like This
223. My Edge of the Empire campaign needs more plot than letting the players suffer the consequences of their poor decisions. Oh wait, no it doesn’t.
224. When the party’s ship is Car-jacked by the local mob and held on a dreadnaught, The party needs a better plan than “Fly up there and ask for it back. With fists.”
225. Don’t try to cheat the Wookiee out of his share of Fight Club Money.
226. When the party stumbles across a stash of illicit drugs, their first instinct should be to sell them, not sample them.
227. A nemesis-level bounty hunter is bad enough for the party, no need to give him the voice of Salad Fingers. (Don’t google it)
228. If a player quits the game after the first session for passive aggressive reasons, leaving the party without a really necessary class
Mary-Sue: Part 9Mary-Sues: The Eye of the TigerMary-Sue: Part 91 year ago in Reviews & Guides More Like This
In all of my previous guides, I had assumed that most, if not all characters, were human, or mostly human, instead of thinking of the possibility of main characters, or even minor characters, being animals. Well, it doesn't really matter, because, for the most part, the rules for creating human characters, including names and powers, writing presentation, and even romance would also apply to animals. There would just be a slight variation from humans, and this slight variation can make a world of difference in your writing.
A more common complaint I've seen about writers who write about animals at all, is that the animals, whether they are the main character, or whether they are a human's pet, is that the animal is "too human." While humans are technically animals too, what this complaint is really trying to say is that the animal has too many human-like qualities from having a voice to feeling human-like
Prologue: Beware Mochi HammersPrologue: Beware Mochi Hammers4 years ago in Introductions & Chapters More Like This
They were trying not to huddle together. That would make it more obvious that they weren't doing their work. This would make her even angrier.
Even the raccoon was hovering closer to the others. At only a hundred and twenty-four, he was fairly young and still couldn't handle many of the stresses of this job.
She sighed. The entire group froze to stare at her behind the large, dark red desk in the back of the room. Black rabbit ears were drooping, hiding the inner skin of blue and giving the impression of the woman being sad.
Except the word 'sad' could never be used to describe her. 'Upset', 'Furious', 'Mad', and 'Pissed' were better adjectives.
And, if the ears were any indication (which they were thankful for everyday), she was getting closer and closer to being 'Pissed' every second.
Another sigh. The bunny in front of the desk who started this episode of Book Keeping Fear Factor began shaking and knocked over a fo
Leather, The DateLeather, The Date10 months ago in Settings More Like This
Leather, The Date
Christine glanced up from her laptop to once more check the clock on the wall. 12:01. One minute after she’d checked it the last time. She gave the clock a baleful glare, deciding that the lack of movement had to be its fault (she was ignoring the fact that her impatience was making her cranky). The clock stared back impassively; knowing that to show fear was to be destroyed. Again.
Sarah had forbidden everyone in the building, under pain of being thrown into the Bog, from following them this time. Jareth had agreed with her and said he would cheerfully Bog anyone who interrupted them on their date. Hence, Christine’s bad mood. She’d consoled herself with expectations of the date not taking very long since Sarah was already predisposed against the whole thing and would more than likely try to find a way out of this quickly.
Christine had fully expected that Sarah would be back by now, fuming about whatever calamities had befallen her on her night out
Allison's RPG Rules, 101-138101. "Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts" is not a real fighting specialty.Allison's RPG Rules, 101-1381 year ago in Profiles More Like This
102. A sock-with-half-a-brick is not a substitute for a longsword of any "real" weapon.
103. Neither is a plunger.
104. "Improvised weaponry" does not mean I can use other Player-Characters.
105. NPCs are okay though.
106. If a feat is so broken that I actually drool, I cannot have it.
107. Not allowed to take endorsements from local businesses to support my lavish adventuring lifestyle.
108. The party is not allowed to go on strike.
109. Not allowed to mess with the overlord's evil plan by convincing his minions to unionize.
110. When looting the evil lord's castle in a dubiously legal fashion, it is not necessary to check the bags of gold for exploding Ink packs.
111. It is, however, necessary to check them for regular explosives.
112. Even though there are stats for it, cannot play a T-rex with a jetpack in a classic gaming Universe.
113. I will stop whining about how "Gruagich" is not a playable class.
114. My b
Allison's RPG Rules 140-195140. I will stop implying I am a cannibal unless I actually took those feats.Allison's RPG Rules 140-1958 months ago in Comedy More Like This
141. I am not allowed to take any of the cannibal feats.
142. I should not to try to eat the NPCs anyway.
143. The Cannibal class will not be combined with the “Swallow Whole” feat to produce a Halfling that can swallow a dragon in three rounds.
144. If given/cursed with immortality, I will not spend eternity dressing up in funny
costumes and robbing the mafia for candy money.
145. If the party needs a cleric, and I want to play something with no INT score because I’m tired, The Undead Crawling Hand of Palor is not a good compromise.
146. The Undead Crawling Hand of Palor does not need to justify her low INT score by being Thing’s southern cousin “Thang”.
147. No Jokes about their weird uncle “Thong” who married a flip-flop.
148. Not allowed to mail the Undead Crawling Hand of Palor to Vechna as a joke.
149. “Bardbarian” is not a real class.
Allison's RPG Rules 196-221196. My female barbarian does not have “Ovarian Rage”Allison's RPG Rules 196-2211 month ago in Comedy More Like This
197. No matter what the rules and dice say, not allowed to dual-wield Mandolorians.
198. If I manage to injure myself right before the game, I will not insist that “I’m Fine!” for four hours until it’s clear that I’m in shock just so I can level.
199. Also, bleeding on my character sheet that much makes it unusable, not “Lucky”.
200. When the party is negotiating the price of our services with the king/lord/wizard at the beginning of an adventure, I will not insist on a dental plan.
201. I cannot play a vasna monk with all the Ki pool feats and progressively worse and worse hairstyles without the GM catching on that it’s Son Goku.
202. When throwing the Elvish princeling to a better vantage point in a LOtR game, I will refrain from telling him “Clench up, Hawkeye”.
203. While the rules state that I can make Chain-sword-axe-chucks, their ridiculous bonuses ensure
Pokey-Pie for XxClawsxXThe peppy pink pony bounced excitedly out of bed. Every day was something new and exciting for her to discover.Pokey-Pie for XxClawsxX2 years ago in Introductions & Chapters More Like This
She quickly bounded down the stairs to the bakery she lived above, a small green alligator clamped tightly on her tail.
She squealed joyfully.
"Today is gonna be so-super-duper-extra-fantastic! We're watching the bakery while the Cakes are in Manehatton, and we're going to throw a party!"
With this, the mare delightedly spun in circles.
"Let's invite Fluttershy, Twilight, Rarity, Dashie, AJ, Derpy, Doctor Whooves and- Oh, Pinkie, don't be so silly."
The over-excited mare reprimanded herself.
"Let's invite everypony in Ponyville!"
Pinkie Pie instantly set about making plans, and placing phone calls.
She questioned into the phone.
"I'm going to need a few barrels of cider. Be here by 8, we're having a party!"
Pokey Pierce lazily sat up. He was startled to find he wasn't in his fluffy bed, but on a red plaid couch.
A Velvet BagA Velvet Bag2 years ago in Free Verse More Like This
I found myself back in the dark, not knowing what I'd find
Perhaps I'd uncover something bright that I could possibly call mine
I stumbled upon a velvet bag, tied with a piece of cotton
Inside, a light was dimly glowing, as if it felt forgotten
I smiled and the light grew brighter, feeling hope to be accepted
There was no way I'd let this miracle live alone, rejected
So, I took the light in my hand, and looked up from the glow
Suddenly the dark was gone, and I hadn't even known
Such joy filled me, my grin grew wide and
There was nothing that could stop me
As I sang and danced, light in my hands
I'd never been so happy.
The dark was banished from existence,
it's crushing gloom begone.
And so start this new melody,
this happy rhyme,
Until death do we part part 4Until death do we part part 42 years ago in Short Stories More Like This
I watched in horror as Naru slipped to the floor. I couldn't move it was like I was frozen to the floor.
"Hey Naru do you re-"Monk wandered in and froze in horror, his face a mask of horror identical to mine. All of a sudden he snapped out of it and was rushing to Naru's side checking his vital signs.
"Call an ambulance NOW!" he directed at me and I thawed out of my frozen state and ran to the phone.
Three hours later and I found myself slipping to the floor as they told me Naru was in a coma.
Groaning I opened my eyes. The ceiling was a pale white with florescent tube bulbs flickering softly. Soft gentle snoring filled my right ear and I turned my head towards it. In the plastic green armchair was Mai. There was something different about her, my eyes scanned her and then I noticed it. Her stomach was rounded slightly but the rest of her was the same petite size. Mai sighed in her sleep and rearranged herself on the chair, wrapping her arm round her e
Until death do we part part 2Until death do we part part 22 years ago in Short Stories More Like This
Damn it! I'm over an hour late for work; Naru is going to kill me. I thought that if I booked a doctor's appointment very early I would be able to see a doctor before I came to work but the doctor had taken long than need. At least I now had my answer; I know have the problem of telling Naru which isn't going to be easy.
Taking a deep breath I opened the office door.
"Mai" a weak voice called and that was when I noticed Naru. He was half collapsed on the floor, his face pale and covered in a thin layer of sweat.
"Naru!" but I was too late, the last of his conciseness fade away and his knees gave way. I raced over to him, he was boiling hot and sweating like mad. The next thing I knew he was fitting violently, blood dribbling through his clenched teeth. I quickly raced into his office and rung the hospital.
I woke up and found myself face to face with a crying Mai. I jumped up only to fall back down as the room spun round to fast to compreh