How to be productive.How to be productive.4 years ago in Other More Like This
Pacdabutt's personal guide on how to be productive and focus on your crap.
Disclaimer: This is not meant to be advice. These are all very stupid and they probably only apply to me and me only.
1) Imagine that there's an extremely burly and tall man standing behind you. If you stop working, he'll beat you to a pulp.
2) Unplug/disconnect from your internet when necessary. You can plug it back in when you stop feeling tempted to look up useless stuff, check messages, etc.
3) Sing out loud to music as you draw. When you're singing, you don't solely focus on drawing alone, making you less likely to get frustrated, bored, insane, tired, etc. (Don't sing out loud while you're writing or thinking though. It just doesn't work... trust me.)
4) Become a zombie. You feel less emotions and it's easier to focus on your crap. Also, zombies are cool. Everybody loves zombies, right?
5) Drink coffee. It has a magical way of keeping people alive and awake. *cough* caffeine *cough*
Creating a New WorldCreating a New World4 years ago in Writing More Like This
Please copy and paste this into a Word document or deviation. Then highlight the information after the colons and type over it.
Time/Era: Exact year or approximate time
Name of Country: For fun, you could alter the name of an old country to amuse more educated readers. For example, I altered the Assyrian Empire's name for a conquering people to evoke images of brutality and Mesopotamia.
Geography: Keep track of all the places you mention and their approximate locations. I find it handy to draw a rough map of the area.
Landscape: Trees, soil, water, buildings... Imagine you were flying over the place in an airplane. What would you see down below? (And no, you can't write "screaming people who have never seen airplanes before and think the apocalypse has come.")
Housing: How big are the houses that the people live in, and what are they made of? If they're members of a migrant tribe, what do they use for shelter, and how do they