What is quick shot? It's an idea that I make a screenshot (snapshot) of my desktop and update it whenever I change something. Why? If I make several screenshots every week, it is nothing more than spam. So I think it is better, if I make a continuous update of this deviation. And if I change more than only my wallpaper or a shadow of my windows, then I'lll post a new deviation. What do you think? If you like this idea, you can fave this and you'll see often small changes of my desktop... sometimes daily. If not you can ignore this and all will be good.
KDE 4.9 - Bespin - BE::Shell - BeClock
What has changed?
- wallpaper ( [link] ) - cursor ( [link] ) - some small changes here and there -> all in all pretty much the same setup as in last scrot
Extract the theme to ~/.kde/share/apps/desktoptheme/
Select the theme in System Settings>Workspace Appearance>Desktop Theme>Theme
If the theme doesn't show right for some reason, delete the cache file ~/.kde/cache (machinename)/plasma_theme_Elune.kcache
If you are using a 2D desktop(not OpenGL accelerated with desktop effects on) you will find a folder named "light-panel". Copy the "icons" folder inside and overwrite the one in the theme directory and copy the "arrows.svgz" into the "widgets" folder, overwriting the file in there. These are dark assets for the opaque panel in 2D mode. Delete the cache file as said above if you have any problems and things don't change.
Elune style menu icons are in the "extra" folder(right click>Application Launcher Settings to change the menu icon).
Update - 1.1 - 11th July 2012
- Improved opaque gradients. - Added dark icons for opaque mode. - Added dark tray arrow.
Update - 1.2 - 15th July 2012
- Improved tasks to look more accurate. - Slightly darker text for better reading on translucent backgrounds. - Added two Elune style kmenu icons in the "extra" folder.
Update - 1.2.1 - 16th July 2012
- Reversed top panel gradient. - Top translucent panel now renders properly, with shadow.
Update - 1.3 - 5th Feb 2013
- Improved analogue clock - Fixed text problem in button tabs(i.e microblogging widget) - Fixed button sizes - Better toolbox - KDE 4.9 compatibility
Update - 1.4 - 8th March 2013
- Added more systemtray icons for various apps and fixed a few. - Added toolbar icons. - KDE 4.10 compatibility updates.
Update - 1.4.1 - 1th July 2013
- Fixed an issue with the panel when not maximised because part of the mini panel had 1px missing. - Made view item hover 85% opaque to make the outlined windows look better.
No, not becoming a temp-monkey, just the fan on my gpu has done it's life work it seems... it sounds trRRRRRrrrrrrRRRRRrrrRRRrrRR if I don't take the fanspeed below 10 percent.... and that's why I monitor the temp on my panel.
I am not an idiot a'la "zomfgroflcopter9000, ITS OVER 60 DEGREEEESSSS!!!!111" but simply need to know if it get's over 100 degrees
I can already hear the "a new gfx card is what? 20 bucks..." I'm well aware, but u are prolly not aware of my laziness... ...I run my system on a 80gb IDE disk since I really like my install (of many many years now) and don't feel like installing a new system.
whats that? long description containing no valuable info whatsoever? Yup, that's exactly what it is.