Butterfly KissesI wasn't always so small,Butterfly Kisses2 years ago in Traditional Fixed Forms More Like This
my waist not so slim,
my ribs not as hollow as my heart.
I was just scared again.
I never took my life,
but you know I tried.
I just couldn't do it.
part of me didn't want to die.
and I wasn't always so fragile,
so quick to flinch from touch,
but I didn't know how to love you,
that's why I ran so much.
Your eyes were always gentle,
brown but filled with tears,
of the future's painful years.
but still each day you held me,
and I wouldn't let you know,
that everyday it mattered.
Every day, you didn't let me go.
You never really noticed,
because you weren't the first.
but I was getting thin,
and my weight was getting worse.
Until one day you decided,
it was time to let you start
It began with the butterflies,
the wings against my heart.
At first I still resisted,
I fought and kicked and screamed.
but then one day you showed me,
this is what love means.
Every single day,
I threatened to take the knife,
you painted one more butterfly,
The Butterfly ProjectThe Butterfly Project3 years ago in Profiles More Like This
This is a project I wanted to kind of start a whole fashion rage, but it probably won't.. Anyway, this is for all the self harmers and their supporters. Heres what you do:
1. When you feel like you want to cut, take a marker, pen, or sharpies and draw a butterfly on your arm or hand.
2. Name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better.
3. You must let the butterfly fade naturally. NO scrubbing it off.
4. If you cut before the butterfly is gone, you've killed it. If you dont cut, it lives.
5. If you have more than one butterfly, cutting kills all of them.
6. Another person may draw them on you. These butterflies are extra special. Take good care of them.
7. Even if you don't cut, feel free to draw a butterfly anyways, to show your support. If you do this, name it after someone you know that cuts or is suffering right now, and tell them. It could help.
anyone want to try this with me? doesn't sound like much, but you never know what mi