Ingredients: Dumplings: 200 g of rice flour 200 ml of hot water Sauce: 100 ml water 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce 70g sugar 1 tbsp corn starch
Directions: Dumplings: 1.) Mix the rice flour and water together. 2.) Knead till dough is as tough as your earlobe. 3.) Fill a pan with water and heat up. 4.) Rip off bite sized pieces of the dough and steam them for 25 minutes 5.) Throw the balls into a bowl and mush together with a wetted wooden spoon. 6.) Knead the dough 7.) Roll out dough into a long stick shape. 8.) With a wetted knife, cut bite sized pieces off. 9.) roll the pieces into balls. 10.) wet skewers and apply an even amount of dumplings to each. 11.) pour sauce over dumplings and enjoy.
Sauce: 1.) Mix all the ingredients in a sauce pan. 2.) Simmer till thickened. 3.) Pour over dangos.
Me again. Yeah, I know what you're thinking: Does this guy do anything that's not pasta related? I'll get to that, keep your pants on. Or don't. You and you - yeah, the brunette chick - you can take 'em off. I'll wait.
You will need: ~4 to 6 small, fresh zucchinis. The little ones are best, and a mix of yellow and green looks nicer than all one or the other. ~Olive oil ~1 jar basil pesto ~1 cup chopped walnuts ~1 large onion ~At least 4 cloves of garlic ~1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Cut the ends off the squash, slice them in half the long way, then cut each half into 1/2-inch thick half-medallions. Chop and sautee your onions in the oil, like always. Dice and sautee the garlic once the onions turn translucent and soft. When the garlic is lightly browned toss in the zucchini, and sautee that until it starts to get tender. You don't want it to let it go too long, or it gets watery and gross. This is the reason you Americans hate vegetables with such a fiery passion - none of you know how to cook.
All right, once the zucchini is soft, add the pesto, cheese, and walnuts. Toss to coat, sautee for another minute and you're done. Serve over linguine or fettuccine.
Okay, cupcake, put your pants back on. This is a kitchen, for crying out loud.
Ok, I know what you're thinking, but I used to hate zucchini too. This is the first thing I ever made in which I enjoyed the stuff. I made it with squash from our farmshare, so I can only vouch for using the freshest produce... but it came out very tasty, and it's pretty easy to make. Really healthy, too!
MAKE A DELICIOUS FLAVOR KICKIN CAKE TO SHARE WITH ALL YOUR NIFTY FRIENDS! JUST FOLLOW THESE EASY STEPS BELOW, TO MAKE THE TASTIEST DESSERT YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN WILL COME TO LOVE.
4 tablespoons flour (cake flour) 4 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons POWDERED SUGAR, any kind 1/8 teaspoon baking powder (a pinch!) 1/8 teaspoon salt (a pinch!!) 1 egg, beaten 3 tablespoons milk 3 tablespoons oil 2 -3 drops vanilla (optional)
1 In a small bowl, mix the the dry ingredients together and stir well. (Or mix into the mug directly) 2 Add egg and mix into dry mixture. 3 Add oil and milk and mix well. 4 Grease a tall, large mug, and pour in this mixture, scraping out with a spatula. 5 Place in microwave on High for 3 1/2 - 4 minutes.
Be yourself they said. Through truth you'll get anywhere. You're perfect the way you are they said. You're something beautiful to share.
I remember hearing this all the time, recollecting those words as I write this rhyme. There was one thing that they forgot to say which is what my mantra is here and today.
Though you may be you and the best to believe you still need to work to be beneficial in the lives of others and yours to achieve anything that will not be something superficial.
People forgot to say that work is needed. Not the normal amount that keeps you in the gray, but mind wrenching, sweat creating, limit exceeded. To stand out and pave your way in life today.
It's the type of work that will make you shine, to help you stand out and remain unforgettable. The type of work that's so difficult to define. The kind makes those gone feel their absence regrettable.
Average work that makes you blend in with others that gives one average recognition and reward is the kind that I don't even go bother. For it makes me feel like a useless shard.
My newest mantra, one of the many, is no work and average work is essentially worthless. And I am not worthless.
I will continue to work hard and reach successes galore. I will continue to work hard and prove the world I'm not a bore.
One day when it's said and done, I will have finally reached the sun. Through my hard work through trial I will have reached that emerald isle.
That's what people never said to me, when I was living my simple life of glee. That monotonous work is and will never be enough, even with less than average friends, isn't that tough?
I honestly don't care if it's here or there. Work has become my life. Even amidst my strife.
So one day I will have worth. One day I won't be left alone. One day I will be irreplaceable. One day my work will get me my dreams.
I will continue to work hard and reach successes galore. I will continue to work hard and prove the world I'm not a bore.
A slightly darker poem than usual but I really wanted to write about this.
Lately, more so than ever I have been working my butt of in life. I know a lot of people accept me for who I am with my average work but I don't want that. I've seen the crap and monotony average work leads to. I'm done with that.
I choose to work hard as I have been to get the things and the dreams I want. It's selfish and in some ways morose but it's the truth. Work has become my outlet for every emotion though I still have time to rest and play as well so I won't burn out and crash.
I know a few of you have noticed and have seen the change in me when it comes to my work ethics. This gives some explanation as to why.
Also, the work is paying off. Getting lots of rad opportunities and my first article on an online women's magazine will be up tomorrow now at this place: [link]
EDIT: Front page for literature again? Thanks all~ EDIT x2: asdfjkl;a Front page of DeviantArt now too. That's a first.
this is what I do with writer's block. I suppose that's a good thing...
Quite honestly I'm feeling so scattered right now....I mean, everything that happens in my life happens to somebody else, and I'm just that boring bystander that gets to watch it all happen...I don't know. I'm just ranting to anyone who will read it I guess. I thought I had made an identity for myself, but I don't know what I want to be focusing on right now. I feel kinda...lost. That's the word for it. Not depressed, not angry, just sorta lost, and I just need a pointed back in the right direction.
Just go on with your happy lives. I'll be over it in the morning most likely.
Upon one summer's morning, I carefully did stray, Down by the Walls of Wapping, where I met a sailor gay, Conversing with a bouncing lass, who seemed to be in pain, Saying, William, when you go, I fear you will ne'er return again.
His hair it does in ringlets hang, his eyes as black as soles, My happiness attend him wherever he goes, From Tower Hill, down to Blackwall, I will wander, weep and moan, All for my jolly sailor bold, until he does return.
My father is a merchant the truth I will now tell, And in great London City in opulence doth dwell, His fortune doth exceed ₤300,000 in gold, And he frowns upon his daughter, 'cause she loves a sailor bold.
A fig for his riches, his merchandize, and gold, True love is grafted in my heart; give me my sailor bold: Should he return in poverty, from o'er the ocean far, To my tender bosom, I'll fondly press my jolly tar.
My sailor is as smiling as the pleasant month of May, And oft we have wandered through Ratcliffe Highway, Where many a pretty blooming girl we happy did behold, Reclining on the bosom of her jolly sailor bold.
Come all you pretty fair maids, whoever you may be Who love a jolly sailor bold that ploughs the raging sea, While up aloft, in storm or gale, from me his absence mourn, And firmly pray, arrive the day, he home will safe return.
My name it is Maria, a merchant's daughter fair, And I have left my parents and three thousand pounds a year, My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold, There is nothing that can console me but my jolly sailor bold.
From Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. All credit goes to Hans Zimmer and Jerry Bruckheimer (plus disney, etc.) This is the song that the men and the mermaids are singing in the White Cap Bay scene. Totally beautiful. Gemma Ward's voice was stunning and absolutely perfect for it.
Ryeowook was pretty sure Yesung was crazy, why should he give Kyuhyun another chance.
I mean if he loves me so much then why'd h e cheat on me?",Ryeowook wondered as he walked home. The lights were on in the living room when he got home, so Kyuhyun hadn't left yet. He didn't feel like arguing right now. He silently crept through the kitchen and was almost up the stairs when he was caught.
"Ryeowook?" he turned around, Kyuhyun looked awful, pale and sickly. His eyes were sad and tired, his hair was messy, it was a whole new Kyuhyun. It had only been one day! How could he have changed this much within a few hours?
"Leave me alone Kyu" Ryeowook continued upstairs. Kyuhyun just stood there and watched him walk away.
Ryeowook once again retreated to the guest bedroom. He sat on the floor again and opened the box. It exploded with dust, it was obviously kept in storage for a while.
He looked through the photo books, taking minutes at a time to look over each picture, to remember what was happening at the given time. He came across a picture of the both of them. He felt his throat get thick and his eyes water. He remembered this:
"Kyuhyun-ah! Come push me!" Ryeowook called from the playground swing.
"Hyung aren't we to old to play on the playground?" Kyu walked over to his boyfriend. His eyes were bright ad smiley.
"You're never to old to play on the playground Kyu! Whether you're in high school or not!" Ryeowook lectured. Kyuhyun laughed and pushed his Hyung anyway. Anything to keep him smiley.
"I don't think your parents like me very much", Ryeowook said as he swung. It was Kyuhyun's dads birthday party, it was being held at a local park.
"They don't like anything different" Kyuhyun grumbled.
"Am I different?" Ryeowook asked his eyes big.
"No, you're perfect" Kyuhyun stopped the swing and dragged him away.
"Where are we going Kyu?" He said struggling to follow.
"Secret" he said. Ryeowook just left it at that. He didn't question the boy very often. After about fifteen minutes of walking in silence Ryeowook was really starting to wonder where Kyuhyun was taking him.
"Kyuhyun, where are-?" "we're here" Kyuhyun said cutting him off. Ryeowook looked around. It was a giant field, nothing but grass and buildings in the distance.
"What is this place?"
"What do you mean Kyu?" Ryeowook asked, "Why is this place so special?"
Kyuhyun smirked and pulled Ryeowook to his chest to hug him. Ryeowook instantly obliged, happy to hug the boy, he was warm and comforting.
"We should take a picture!" Kyuhyun groaned. Not a big picture person, but since it was for Ryeowook, sure.
"Fine, but I do whatever I want!"
"okay!" Ryeowook was happy to let Kyuhyun strike whatever he wanted as long as he got the picture.
"Ready! One! Two! Thr-mpf!" As Ryeowook clicked the button Kyuhyun pulled him into a kiss, muffling whatever he was saying before. Kyuhyun pulled away and smiled at the older boy who was still just standing there.
"Our Place" Ryeowook whispered. Kyuhyun nodded. He looked at the shorter boy then laughed at his blushing.
"Was that your first kiss hyung?" Ryeowook nodded. Kyuhyun smiled and took his hand.
"Come on, there probably looking for us" he said leading him back to the party.
Ryeowook put the picture into the pile, he wasn't even halfway through the box and an hour had passed, he didn't care about time right now, he would look at each picture as long as he liked.
He fell asleep looking at pictures, looking at the pictures made him happy, but he also knew that Yesung was wrong, there was no way this was going to work. Ryeowook would always love him, Kyuhyun didn't feel the same.
"Hyung?" Kyuhyun wandered upstairs and poked his head into the guest room. He saw the layout of pictures and quietly moved over to look at them. He found he picture of their first kiss and smiled to himself. He remembered this.
He flipped it over mindlessly looking on the back. Ryeowook had written a caption.
Our place! First Kiss ^^ He put the picture down and proceeded to look through the rest. He loved Ryeowook, he did. It was a 'Once Upon a time' thing, he loved him once. He didn't love him anymore. He looked at the sleeping boy, he looked peaceful in his sleep, no tears, and no sad eyes. He hoped that he would stay that way. He covered Ryeowook up with the comforter again then went downstairs again. He sat on the couch and closed his eyes.
How to write a Harry Potter story that will make me scream.
1. Make the pairing Lucius/Harry; that will get my hopes up and make me read.
2.Start with Harry living at the Dursleys. Make sure he is locked up in his room, preferably mention beatings and that he hasn't been fed for a week, because that wouldn't make him dead at all.
3.It's Harry's birthday! Of course it is! Make him count the seconds, and EXACTLY at midnight, he'll be in a lot of pain. That is impressive, because it means his relatives at least sprung for a really good alarm-clock for him which also shows seconds. And that creature inheritance (because that's what this is, of course) doesn't care which time of day he was born, but use the exact stroke of midnight instead.
4.Harry passes out and then, when he wakes up, he barely notice anything wrong until he looks in a mirror. Unless he has a tail. In that case include the phrase "Wait? A TAIL?!".
5. His hair must have grown. Preferably to his butt but at least his shoulders.
6. He must look prettier and more feminine.
7. There should be something explaining what he is, preferably a letter from dear old dead mum or a book.
8. Harry is a submissive and has a mate somewhere. Of course he can get pregnant!
9. It doesn't matter what he is. Make a name up. Give him wings.
10. Don't forget a letter from Gringotts telling him he's the heir of the whole world and setting up a meeting!
11. As Harry now can use his magic, no matter what his age, due to his inheritance or some crap like that, make him pack up and leave.
12. First he has to go to Gringotts, of course, so off we go! Oh, look, he has a million vaults and many, many houses! Please list them all so we can read EXACTLY how rich he is!
13. Oh, what's this?! Dumbledore has been stealing money all along! And Ron, Hermione and everyone else EXCEPT FOR THE TWINS, LUNA AND NEVILLE, have been paid to be Harry's friends. Maybe not Bill and Charlie either, because you imagine them to be hot. If Sirius and Remus are alive, they are exceptions too.
14. Now let's send Harry shopping! That's the way to forget about the crushing betrayal of his loved ones after all. First he needs clothes, because, during his years in the Wizarding-world, with access to his vault, he has never thought of buying jeans.
15. Let's shop in the muggle-world! Let's go to a punk-like store! Let's buy leather pants! Don't forget to pop into the wizarding world to buy dragon-hide boots, either. Oh, stack on some silk shirts. Make them all green and silver and black and scarlet, just to show what an incredible sense of fashion you have. Add silver thread too!
16. Now, finding out about his friends and getting lots of money has, of course, left Harry with a strong desire to mutilate his body, so send him to get lots of piercings and at LEAST one tattoo. Don't mind his age. As by magic, tongue piercings will NOT make you sound like a lisping drunk, either. They are just sexy! Yay! Extra points if the tattoo moves.
17. Now he needs to get some really cool animals! Let's pick some animals you think is cool out, shall we! At least a snake! And a wolf! And some kind of cat! Why not a mini-dragon! Hedwig? Hedwig who? Okay, include her, perhaps. All the animals become instant friends and of course Harry can talk with them!
18. Shopping over, let's go to Hogwarts! Let's randomly forget that he has lots of animals to log around, because that's just annoying to write.
19. At Hogwarts it's important that Harry get's re-sorted as soon as possible! And yes, it has to be Slytherin of course! Because Slytherin is cooool! And Harry and Draco has probably been secret friends for a while now, so that's no problem!
20. Make sure there is a previously unknown Slytherin-girl who are Harry's friend and is JUST as cool as you are! Give her a special power too, while you're at it. She's just so awesome Maybe she can date Draco? OR you can suddenly make Pansy Parkinson the coolest girl ever. Don't forget to have whatever spunky and fun Slytherin girl you pick, give Harry a make-over at some point.
21. Enter LUCIUS! (or insert one or more other people here).
22. Oh, now you've caught my attention again. Make me take the razor-blade off my wrist by making Luc his wonderful snobbish, dominant, slightly evil self. Now my mouth is watering and I've forgiven you for everything.
23. Destroy it all by having Luc, within half a page, calling Harry his "little one" and cooing at him. Make sure the pure-blood alfa-male is just one big, completely unthreatening, teddy-bear. But make him snarl at a girl interested in Harry just in case.
24. Now make up some rule making sure they can't fuck for MONTHS like they can't get wedded/bonded until a certain date, or until Harry comes into heat, OR until he is "ready", because Luc would probably wait, with all the creature instincts and the fact that he's a ruthless Deatheater. This is because at this point, I'm probably just hanging around hoping that at least he sex will be good.
25. Blame the Deatheater-thing on Lucius' daddy.
26. In fact, since Dumbledore is EVIL, make Harry join the other side. The muggle-killer side. Give him a really good reason, like like they are suddenly right about everything!
27. Have the twins, Luna, Neville, Remus, Sirius and maybe Bill and Charlie join too.
28. Remus and Sirius are of course a couple.
29. Voldemort? Oh, he just killed Harry's parents because it was a war going on. Harry can forgive him for that! Taking his money is worse, after all If this is a more-some-fic, let's have Voldy be a mate too. Maybe Draco and Snape as well? We like Snape! Let's pair him up with someone! Forget that, let's pair EVERYONE up! NO-ONE is allowed to be single, even if Draco has to end up with Neville. Bring some OC's in to fill in the gaps!
30. Now lose interest in the story and stop updating well before any sex happens. If you chose to soldier on, make sure the act is very sweet and as anatomical incorrect as possible. Have the prostate placed a very long way into the body, and, if you, heaven forbid, include any het-sex or girl/girl, make sure the girls have hymens inside their body that needs to be breeched!
31. It should hurt a little at first, but then feel ooooh so good.
32. Let a few weeks pass.
33. Let Harry throw up one morning. Oh, dear, is he sick?! Keep your readers in suspense, because no-one has figured it out already!
34. OH MY GOD; HARRY'S PREGNANT?!?! I didn't see that coming!
35. MAKE IT TWINS! at least .
36. Make his belly show almost immediately.
37. Have him eat amusing things, don't forget pickles!
38. Throw random pregnancy things in, don't do any research what so ever!
39. As a creature Harry is not pregnant for nine months, for some reason, but for about six or seven. Creature babies might not need fully developed lungs.
40. Birth-time! Have him build a nest or something.
41. NO NATURAL BIRTHS! It doesn't matter that the anal-muscles can actually stretch quite a bit, that's just icky! OH, give him a MAGICAL VAGINA! Or, why not wave a wand over his belly and make it a magical c-section? That's not so messy! Just make sure he somehow has labor-pains even though the child has no way to actually descend or push on the pelvis if there's no way out
42. Name the kids the most ridiculous names you can think off!
43. The End! Because writing about taking care of kids and raising them is no fun, after all
Okay, to clear things up: this is a parody. I don’t hate creature-fics or M-pregs, because I actually WRITE them, and I freely admit that I have used some of the things mentioned in this example… What I REALLY hate, though is when writers have no interest in the characters, but only in what they themselves think is COOL… That piercing/tattoo-thing is so common that it should be a drinking-game… and no, I don’t necessarily think that just a pit of piercing and a tattoo or more is “self mutilation”; it’s your body, do what you please, but is the CHARACTER into those kinds of things all of a sudden? I mean, this is not something you randomly just DO, is it?
It’s OKAY to have not-perfectly beautiful characters, it’s OKAY if they don’t like all the things you like, and for the love of god, what’s with the butt-long hair! (almost wrote long butt hair, but, of course, no character ever has butt-hair).
Again, I’m as guilty as these writers are; Slade is always ruggedly attractive and Robin is maybe a bit feminine at times, and, of course, has wonderful pretty eyes, but can you see a line here somewhere? No? Okay, sorry then… My point was obviously lost along the way, but I hope at least this “story” made you chuckle a bit.