(Pern) Big List O' Candidate Lesson TopicsExercises(Pern) Big List O' Candidate Lesson Topics3 years ago in Settings More Like This
1. Candidate mentoring, light- pair candidates with weyrlings, candidate sees how to take care of a young dragonet.
2. candidate mentoring, heavy- pair candidates with weyrlings for a week, candidate shadows weyrling.
3. Mock-hatching: practice what to do. AWLM gives situations to specific candidates and they respond, or some other method of doing mock hatching.
4. Sewing lessons for candidate robes.
5. Candidate robe worktime.
6. Dragon bathing: bathe adults!
7. Dragon oiling: oil adults!
8. Question period: AWLM's, Dragonriders and/or weyrlings. Bring non-AWLM's in, possibly. Have candidates ask whatever questions that come to mind for dragons and dragonets.
9: Meet the dragons: similar to above, but involving non-AWLM dragons, telling life stories.
10. fitting for robes
11. Getting comfortable with dragons: climbing all over
12. Getting comfortable with dragons: flights on the backs of adults. Fears will be addressed.
13. Dragonrider mentoring- pair candidate with dragonri
(Pern) Big List O' Weyrling Lesson TopicsExercises(Pern) Big List O' Weyrling Lesson Topics3 years ago in Settings More Like This
1. Break into sub-wings and practice as subwings?
2. break into groups based on who is LIKELY to go into what wing (* wings determined upon graduation based on skill proved through weyrlinghood, so these may not be final groups-- but what's likely, given dragonet build and rider personality?)
3. Dragons leading blindfolded humans, either their own or their riders. (Speaking to other humans not required, so as to not step on individual canons, but allowed).
4. Identify health ailments in dragons that are not their own
5. Firestone flaming target practice
6. Flamethrower use and target practice
7. Blindfolded flying: when 'lings can fly. Blindfold dragon and have the riders give htem directions and eventually land, to simulate blind threadfall.
8. Blow the leaves away- pre-flying. Since we're subtropical, use pulled leaves or sand. Pile sand or leaves, and have dragonets flap their wings to blow them down.
9. Weather flight training- various points through flight training. Pick