People seem to like the Ubersaw, so here, in brief, is how I made it:
1) Since I lack the proper woodworking tools, I used craft foam (white) and sheet plastic (black). Layers overlap for stability.
2) All the layers are glued together with a hot glue gun. Then, the saw is smoothed (not pictured) with Bondo spot/glazing putty and gesso.
3) Base paint job using primer, followed by spray enamels.
4) Beginnings of weathering job using Testor's model enamel paints -- black for grime, copper for the sharpened edge of the blade, and silver for dings and scratches in the handle.
The syringe is made from two plastic bottles. The inner bottle has been spray-painted red on the inside. The edges of the outer bottle have been cleaned up using strips of plastic (later replaced by thick cardboard).
The syringe is actually a bit small compared to the in-game saw, but I think this gets the point across well enough, har, har.
5) Everything assembled with needle made from a plastic straw. Blood was red acrylics atop of Mod-Podge for a 3D look, though I plan to use different paint next time for a more realistic effect. Finally, everything clear-coated with matte shellac. Tacks and a pair of rubber feet were used as rivets/screws.
Overall, this was a 2-day project. Not difficult, just tedious to cutout and wait for things to dry.
Sharing a armor project I've been working on these past couple of months
Nemesis armor from Mass Effect 3. Gonna be a badie this time around!
I'm really happy with the way the armor is turning out so far.
I made the templates for the armor myself All the armor pieces are made out of craft foam a varying thickness Hand painted all the elastic bands to have the yellow in them Modge podged and spray painted the armor or Kryolan spray paint The yellow is a mixture of three colors, the paint there was acrylic then sprayed with a clear gloss for the shininess Some armor pieces are not shown in the picture, like obviously the back pieces, wrist pieces and elbow pieces The suit itself has had painted details added to it Currently no helmet atm
Otherwise really super close to finishing this cosplay
This cosplay will be making it's completed first appearance at FANIME '13
A quick sketch. The whole thing about that DC reboot is... Is OK. Really. I think they just went out of names for crises. But I've always been a man who esteem the picture. And the usability. And what I see was done to Teen Titans, Superman family - is shiny and senseless. I love Jim Lee's art but, jeez... Who was that evil man who gave him red paint and tons of anime?