My first 3D print. Modeled in Blender and uploaded and printed with shapeways. [link]
I wanted a simple character model to test the 3D printing process shapeways has to offer, so I chose one of my favourite old Pokemon. Took an afternoon to model, and then several attempts to upload to the site for printing.
Experimented with a couple of different variations, changing the size and hollowing out the model or leaving it solid. In the end this one was the one I decided to print, sitting at 90mm tall and the model is hollow on the inside. Since I didnt leave a hole to drain the support material, the hollow inside is filled with powder still. Adds a nice weight to the model if anything so its no problem.
Model was printed in white strong - flexable material (WSF) Nylon 12 - PA 2200, Selective-Laser-Sintered (SLS) Painted with several layers of acrylic paint and finished with a spray on gloss.
Hudson uses the same HD models in mario party 4 -8 these are just the few I managed to put back together after being ripped. (characters that aren't shown need to be pieced back together as some of their body parts or attire has been placed at the origin after ripping)
Toadsworth , Koopa kid, and DK are from Mario Party 7
(Toadsworth is edited to be HD as his game model is a lower poly)