This is the second miniature I done for this week. Diameter of the cupcake is 0.8cm.
Due to the dry cracked and bleeding on my thumb, all the miniature I done for this week are inferior. Since I started making miniature, my hands become very dry, sometimes my hands skin will crack and bleed which is very painful. Hopefully, I will be able to create something nice next week.
I tried another design for strawberry cake. I had difficulties in making the strawberry, it was too small for me to work on the details. From the photo, it looks like raspberry. I need to find a way to make it looks like strawberry. Size for the cake is W0.4cm x L0.8cm x H1cm.
I have done two versions for the pink layer cake. The first one is done with the method I normally used, while the second is mixing white clay to liquid for the icing and added some pink clay sprinkles to the side of it. Personally, I still prefer the first version, it looks more elegant and neat.
The cupcake base that I made was hand-sculpt, I have not do any mold for it yet. The cupcakes with kiwi and orange topping were not very successful. The base was too tight and the overall proportion was not correct.
As for the Halloween cupcake, I know it was not nicely done because I did it as a trial piece. If I have time, I will do a collection for Halloween goodies.
On the second day, I did strawberry cupcakes. For this attempt, I refined the cupcake base and reduced the height of it. The diameter for the strawberry cupcake is 1cm.
The most challenge part was to maintain the white clay dust-free. I had to pick up the dust one by one and dust it with lots of flour in order to maintain the white. I also had difficulties making the roses, they were not perfect yet. Hopefully I can do a better job on the next try. Diameter for the round cake is 2cm.
I think I should slice the apple fillings thinner because now it looked like potato instead of apple. Maybe next attempt I will add some apples beside the plate and do the whole pie instead of a slice.