Black Resin with a faux metallic treatment - Sooooooo I got back my "digital hooks" and this is the first one completed(white is soaking in tea right now to give it some depth and shading) Happy with how close it came out to my initial design, but I have a lot to learn about working digitally.
The design turned out to be too "pointy/fragile" to use for a steel version....I'm back to the drawing board and working on version 2.0....practice practice practice.....
hnnn. Been a while since I wrapped ammolite, for sure. Still a favourite of mine. I've recently been thinking that I veer towards fossils a lot - ammolite, ammonite, petrified woods, amber, copal. I'm getting some amber soon.
Oh, and the name of this one, in Cantonese, means simply "forever".
asked me for a white lotus with silver trimming...and I happened to have a 20-flutter bira-bira to cap it off with. It is a fantastic statement piece that I think will go incredibly with her ringlets...what a classic, elegant hairstyle!
Here's the Master Sword I said I was working on last summer. Hahahahaha....Meant to finish a long time ago but never did. XD Anyway, this is just a group of Work in progress shots. It's made out of my usual material, aspen wood. It was kind of tough figuring out how to make it, especially since I wasn't able to find a piece of wood wide enough to cut out the base layer in one piece. I ended up putting it all together almost like a layered jigsaw puzzle. It's about 41 in. long. It's also modeled from a combination of the Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword versions of the sword.
The first pic on the top was basically where I had it in 2 days. The handguard was made out of three layers to give it the proper width. The edge is all filed down. One side of the Master Sword's wing-a-lings have also been finished. The handle is also rounded off.
The second photo shows where I had it after another 2 or 3 days. The handguard has been filed down on both sides and has more detail. I cut out some diamonds out of wood and shaped them with the dremel. The part I'm most proud of is the round part of the handguard. I basically made a huge puck of wood that was able to wrap around the handguard. I did something similar with the pommel. Finally I added the Triforce Emblem by gluing on some styrene.
The third photo is just a close up of second photo. I actually messed up some of the detail on the handguard. When I was looking at the template I had blown up from official art, I somehow interpreted the handguard having one more ridge on it than it should. :'I I'm also considering modifying the pommel some, since after looking at some more recent art I've found that the pommel's tip has some inward facing ridges.