Car 4141 ‘Côte d’Azur’ was built in 1929 as a first class Pullman and was decorated by René Lalique in the ‘Côte d’Azur’ style. It entered service that same year as part of the Côte d’Azur Pullman Express, switching to the Deauville Express before returning to the Côte d’Azur Pullman for the winter seasons of 1930-31 and 1934-35. She ran from Paris to Calais for many years, meeting the passengers from the Golden Arrow. By 1961 it was in a reserve pool used for special services and in 1971 was stored at the Wagon-Lits works at Villeneuve. After a decade of storage, she was rescued in 1981 by Venice Simplon-Orient-Express and restored at Bremen.