For my BFA1 second semester film, I experimented in every animation technique I had time for, in the form of caterpillars.
In order, the techniques are: stitching on paper, phenakistoscope, magnetic stop motion puppets, drawn animation with pointillism, stop motion leaf cutting, black paper cutting on top of acrylic paintings, yarn marionette, strata cut, caterpillar stitch, colored pencil on paper collage background, straw wrapper colored with marker, yarn painting, stop motion sour worms, paper cut-out animation, lino-cut printing, stop motion torn paper, beaded bracelet, digitized drawn animation, drawn animation in crayon, stop motion puppets, EVERYTHING, and then stitching on paper again.
Why caterpillars? Because they have a very unifying, distinct movement as well as a shape that is recognizable at any stage of complexity. And because I think they're cute.
Been working on this for a while, and I'm glad that it's done. The animation was all hand drawn and cleaned up in Flash, the background was painted in photoshop, the effects on the fire were done in after effects, and then after I SWEAR four hours of exporting from premiere I got this version that didn't look terrible.
I can see pretty much all the problems with this, the next one will hopefully be better. It'll be shorter, that's for sure!
These are based on little sketches that I did in my sketchbook a little while ago that I thought would be fun to animate. I've been working on this for about a month. I'm glad it's done!!
(And if dA ever decides to process this... Seriously, it's only 5MBs. That's pretty small for a video!)
This is my first animation of late. I had a huge gap between my last one and this one because my digital camera broke and I never got round to buying a new one. Anyway, here is my first claymation with my new camera.
Kajiko and I have made a parody of this Ending using our Pokémon Adventure forum characters, ALL THEM!!! And all the characters have with them their starter pokémon!! I made the pokémon and the Premiere work while she made the human characters and part of the backgroud *^*
The characters, from left to right, his/her starter and the owner in the forum:
Programs used: SAI, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Time Spent: mmm 3-4 days more or less (but in hours, maybe 2 days as much) Tony Stark & Steve Rogers belong to MARVEL, all other OCs belong to their owners