I spent a lot of time putting this together this year. I wore it to 6th street in Austin last night. The armor scale texture is Japanese rice paper and paint/ink over foil and craft foam. LOTS of cutting/gluing/painting. The mask is the same material with fabric and acrylic Christmas crystal drops. The staff is a simple acrylic rod (my arm is sore today from carrying it all night) with the same armor material and glass at the top, but instead of craft foam, it was foam board for stiffness. The robes are just interior decoration fabric and some cheap stuff I had lying around for sleeve lining. I made the pattern based on a knee-length Indian shervani someone lent me -- I added length, fullness, and the dramatic sleeves. There are Swarovski crystals all over the armor and staff head. I just "discovered" hot glue and spray adhesive near the end -- I would have saved sooo much time earlier!
Download to see the details that won't show up otherwise.