So here's a WIP of an container loading bot I am currently working on, thought I'd post it now, as I am gone for the next weeks and I dunno when I'll be able to finish it.
It's got four arms which can be linked, so they can act as two arms. the boxes on the back of the shoulders are counter weights which can swing up and down, so the mecha can keep the balance when handling the containers.
I felt that I needed to freshen myself up on how Sonic looks so I broke out a 3D model and drew some rotations on it. The front view I only drew half the face of and flipped in order to make sure it looked right (it passed my inspection at least...).
Uploaded because I was asked to (drew it on stream) and I figured someone could maybe use it as a possible reference?
A paper model(paper craft) of Oblivion keyblade from Kingdom hearts 2 that I made.
Since people have been asking, here's how I did it
1. Find artwork of Oblivion keyblade and separate the picture into different parts. 2. zoom in on the artwork and start drawing out the pieces(or trace if you want) 3.Scan the pictures into the completer and flip it horizontally ( for the second side cause I'm lazy ) 4. Cut the pieces out and the rest is just building + some adjustments along the way (Being experienced in papercrafting helps too)
Note: I kind of painted and build it at the same time because I often notice parts that will be hard to paint if you glue it first.
Detail wise: I tried to make it as detailed as possible so there are many pieces that would of been able to be one piece but I made it two pieces.
The above is the run down of how I made oblivion Keyblade. I am currently working on Oathkeeper Keyblade( coz I just finished KH 358/2 Days which motivated me) and who probably show how I did it step by step if anyone wants to know. nvm, I finished Oathkeeper long ago and forgot to take pictures of the process ^^'''
Btw, Thanks for all your comments. I really enjoy reading them.
This is still very much a WIP. The texture was, well frankly, a mess; had to re-map half of it and patch up seams like you wouldn't believe. It's orders of magnitude better in this shot, but I'm still working on that one big one down the back...
The actual mesh wasn't too bad; I did a bit of simplification, but I wanted to leave a lot of the detail in, so it's still going to be a fairly complex model.
********Updated character illustrations at Mar, 2014, just a completion of my old stuff. *******
Warning!!!! Here're two full books!!! Here shown is only the preview and please download the .rar file!
They're all about my original mech Gundam Veronica, which I made it into a Perfect Grade. Anyway there're more contents in the book, and all caption are wrote in English.
Please download them, and it would be very nice of you if you can read them and leave me comment
These days finally I finished my work on Veronica, which lasted four months. I put all my spare time on it, 2+months in building the model, 1 month in preparing stuffs, and complete these 2 assumed 92 pages book for it.
Not only the mechanism designing I explained in that book, also I described a lot about my story, characters, and so on. I wrote them all in English, but seems I did not check the grammar through.
Anyway, I hope I can generally describe my idea by that caption inside, and many thanks to you if you can read my these two books.
[* the pdf files are highly condensed, with relatively low dpi and not include fonts. But I think they're still acceptable ]