Way back when, the V2 Assault-Buster was one of the first models
I ever built. Yeah, kitbashing the two 1/100 V2 kits together was ambitious, but I wanted to go for it. Since then I've improved in my skills and that old V2 AB has been sticking out like a sore thumb, so I decided to rework it.
This involved disassembling the entire kit, stripping and sanding off the parts I actually did paint. Of course in the process numerous (almost all really) joints and pegs snapped and had to be pinned. All the putty I had poured into the shield was pried out and replaced with styrene sheet. I sanded off the chrome and removed the old plastic wings of light I had added. Finally the whole thing was repainted and various fodder decals added.
Its still far from perfect. The kits have numerous flaws that really can't be overcome, but fortunately most of them are hidden in the back. I also did a bit of damage to the kit in my youth that I'm not going to be able to repair. The whole thing is still fiddly as ever, it was also falling apart in my hands as I tried to pose it. But the whole point was making it look more presentable (the old plastic was starting to yellow with age) and I think I accomplished my goal.